Thursday, January 15, 2009

...Christmas morning 2008 -finally

It is safe to say that January has hit our family full force and we have been busier than ever! Work has really been taking its toll on me, the holidays are always so hectic-at the shelter. Holidays= more people needing a place to stay, more people needing childcare, more volunteers wanting to do their part, and more grant reports for me to work on! So although I am swamped at work, it is nothing compared to this craziness we like to call life. Our home is just as insane. We have had our fair share of sickness, freezing cold weather, and remodeling to keep things crazy. I need to get caught up so I can document things in the order in which they happen, so wayyyy back to Christmas morning is where I am picking up. I promise to go faster for the later part of January.

Christmas morning, we woke up same time as always, right about 7:45am, and went right into Elem's room to let him know that Santa had come to see him while he slept away all night long. Santa did a good job and worked very hard to put Elem's big present together, in hopes that Elem would love it as much as we thought he would. Here is Elem waking up first thing Christmas morning 2008. This little video is so special to me. I love how sleepy he is right when he first wakes up, and how once he realizes what he is looking at, he gets this little grin across his face. priceless. The little giggles are my favorite too.



In action:


Once the 4 wheeler was out, there wasnt really much that could compare-so the opening of a few presents went pretty quick.
However, balls and big trucks seemed to be the theme of the day-since those are 2 of his most favorite things. (except Barney)
How many balls he actually got, I cant even remember. Lets just say you dont have to look far from wherever you might be standing in our house so find one that would best suit you.


Right outside for a quick ride on the 4 wheeler. He likes it.


After Elem got to play with a few toys we threw on our coats and headed over to Grammy and Poppas to celebrate Christmas with them, Ali, Dustin, and Cecilia. These two are 2 peas in a pod. Cute jammies-courtesy of Aunt Ali. :)


We all opened gifts, ate breakfast, had a few mimosas, and spent some time watching the kids play with their goodies. Then grammy and poppa came out with the big surprises, that poppa and Aunt Ali had apparently spent several hours putting together and decorating the night before.

Happy faces all around. I'd say they like em. **Please note Elem's serious face here-tongue out, fierce determination. He means business.


Sadly, it was right about this time, that I started feeling not so hot. After about an hour or so, I told Seth we had to leave because I was getting soooo nauseated. I know what you might be thinking -but the answer is no. I am NOT pregnant. I think I got that question about 19 times from every single person I told I was feeling sick. So there it is in bold-not pregnant. But I was super sick. I ended up with some kind of stomach virus and was out for 3 days. :( my whole Christmas break. No fun. So even though Christmas morning was fun, I didnt get to experience the whole fun filled weekend and time off with my baby boy and hubby. Seth kept Elem out of the house for the most part to ensure that I didnt pass the germs along to either of them and I spent the majority of my time asleep on the couch. I finally got rested up, and ready to get back in the swing of things just in time to head right back into work bright and early on Monday morning. Christmas was so much fun, and hopefully next year we can skip out on the pink eye and stomach virus if at all possible. I was so excited to embrace the holiday season when it arrived-getting a tree, decorating Elem's little tree, shopping for gifts, making the christmas cards, spending time with family and friends, but just as excited as I was for it to get here, I was excited for it to be done as well. The holidays take so much out of me!!! But with my fabulous family, we made lots of great memories, and thejam packed holiday season was all worth it.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow, Elem looks so cool on all of his new transportation vehicles!!!! I love his green truck!!!!

becky said...

Love it!! I think it is so funny that he is holding his feet up and out instead of resting them on the feet rest:)

Ali Suitor said...

I'm on here now Mindy!!!! Woo hoo!! You might have to help me though.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers