Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hats are the coolest

Elem is FINALLy starting to show an interest in hats. And we are so excited. Ever since he was an infant we have tried to force him to wear some kind of hat, but he always seems to get them off one way or another. Even just a warm winter hat, he was never really down with. But, this past month, he has really noticed that Seth wears hats all the time. And what little boy doesnt want to be just like daddy and do what daddy is doing? In Elem's exact words, "daddy hat?, I wan Elem hat". Thus begins the excitement!!! As soon as we head out the door, if Seth has a hat on, Elem will want his too, and will keep it on for at least a few minutes. :) Better than nothing at least. We keep the hats (just a couple of them) hanging on the hook for your coats right before you walk outside, so they are always right there to grab! Currently he only has 2 really cute hats (not including winter hats that I try to put on him for playing outside), but I am working on increases his hat wardrobe. Just gotta make sure he actually wears them before I haul off and spend like $6 or something on another one.

Here is Elem trying on a few hats in front of the mirror on our way out one day. He was really into checking himself out on this particular day, and couldnt decide which hat looked best. Both of these hats are so adorable, but the blue newsboy cap kinda takes the cake. Now if I could only get him to actually keep them on when we go out....that'll be my next mission. But for now a short time period will do.

The fabulous blue newsboy hat. My favorite. Please note the powdered donut lips. Gotta love those.


Off?


Or on?


Such a cutie. I will try to catch up this weekend on my blogging. I have been such a slacker, and I still need to do Elem's 20 month milestones before he turns 21 months!!! So I have to get on it!

3 comments:

becky said...

Man he is so cute!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Mindy...is he really that adorable??!! How does one little boy get to be so handsome??!

Scary, I tell you.

Scott said...

Agreed. The kid is goooorgeous! :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers