Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Supa Sty

I mean SUPA sty. One of the reasons I took a small break from blogging recently was due to the fact that I couldn't hardly see out of my right eye. (Okay so I could see, but it was next to impossible to focus on any kind of words on the computer). I woke up last week and my eye was itching really bad. It continued to itch all through out the day and was feeling really sore towards the inner eye towards my nose. I had a feeling I was getting a sty or something similar, just because I have had one or two in my lifetime and there wasnt really much more it could be. I was just thankful it was not the return of the pink eye at first-but actually pink eye was nothing compared to this! The next day I went to bed and woke up the following morning looking like this!



My head was pounding and my eye was so sore, and I was dying to itch it! It was all I could do to keep my hands off of it. I called my friend whose dad is an eye doctor and he scheduled me in pretty quickly. He took a closer look and found that it was not one sty, but two right next to each other! If you look very closely or click on the picture you can actually see the two dots. So grose!


He started me on a few things, including an antibiotic (which I conveniently already had in my medicine cabinet!) some eye drops (which I also conveniently had in my medicine cabinet-from the pink eye episode), and gave me some free samples of creme to put on my eye as well as some cleansing wipes. The best advice he gave me though, was so just keep a warm compress on it once every hour. So I did, but since it hurt so bad I kept it on pretty much all the time all day and night long till I fell asleep. It totally worked though and helped to bring everything out. Grose post I know but this is why I was slacking, like I said.

AND**it is why I missed one of my dear friend's 30th birthday! And I am so sad. Kristi, I will make it up to you I promise. I was so consumed with my eye thing that I forgot to call you, but please know I love you and will totally take you out ASAP. Or you can just come over and w can love on our babies together.:)

Oh and the most important advice I received was of course from my husband. His was to go to a cross in the road and say, "Sty sty get off my eye, jump on the next person that comes walking by". He's so smart bless him. I had already been to the doctor by the time he gave me this advice but next time I will give it a try. Actually I hope there is never a next time. It was awful!!

4 comments:

Brittney said...

Yikes...that looks really bad! Glad your eye is better!

Khim said...

My poor Mindy! Bless your heart, I'm so glad you're feeling better & your hubby was there to give you the necessary medical advice. :)

becky said...

What would you do without Seth's medical advise. If only you had listened to him before going to the doctor. Love you

Anonymous said...

That advice from Seth made me laugh out loud! It really stinks to have something wrong with you when you are trying to take care of your child. Glad you're feeling better.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers