Friday, February 6, 2009

Anti-Bath Phase


Who knew the anti bath phase would ever exist with my child!!! He had everything going for him-mom loves the water, dad loves the water, everyone around him including Cecilia loves the water, and until last week, Elem Zane loved the water! These days he is so anti bath it is ridiculous! Over the course of the last week I have been trying everything to coax Elem into getting into the bath selling him on the idea that it will be so much fun! Some things I have tried include: buying him a mini basketball goal to play with in the water, new bath toy cups, giving him a bath in the jacuzzi, sitting in his bath tub with him, giving him food in the bath tub, giving him a bath in the sink...and the list goes on, but nothing is working! Former water lover turned anti, who knew! Any ideas on what might have caused this? I have no answers for this one-he didnt fall, he didnt slip, or go under water or anything, just a change of heart. Hope to see this phase come and go with a quickness, because my 30 pound child has legs of steel and is super heard to force into bathing. Poor Seth and I have been taking a royal beating over the last week and ar full of scratches and hurt feelings of the rath that we end of taking when bath time comes up. However we are thinking happy thoughts and I will think of something! Send your ideas my way, if you have some good ones! Anything is worth trying!

3 comments:

Khim said...

Ok, so I totaly read an article about this phase while at the Dr's office. You're doing everything right. the article suggested preventing the child from hearing the water running and draining. Also, it said sponge bath in between to give the kid a break from the tub. Mostly it said that usually its just a phase & could be gone in a few weeks.

mom said...

This too shall pass. Love you, and I really enjoyed seeing you and Elem last week. I sure was exhausted on Sunday. That's why younger folks raise children.

becky said...

Who needs a bath anyway?:)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers