Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ordering Take-out

Tonight Elem and I were out running a few errands and in an effort to save some time, I decided to run through a drive through, grab some food, and head back to the house, just in time to torcher both of us in attempt to get Elem to take a bath. While anticipating the much dreaded episodes to come, as I am looking at the menu options I hear my son scream out, "I WAN PRITE.......CHICKEN!". I looked back to see Elem looking out the rear driver side window at the same menu I was looking at, and soon realized he was placing his order. Mimicking me if you will. :) It was at that moment I forgot all about the bath "aches" to come and simply laughed out loud. And then thought to myself it is indeed some time for some good ole home cooking. We dont even eat out that much, and Elem never even gets sprite unless it is a special occasion, but I guess he was under the impression, if you yell it out the window, you get it. Seems to look that way if you think about it. Smart baby.

5 comments:

Kylie Williams said...

HAHAHA! i needed to hear a funny story. that's great.

becky said...

That is so funny! Hey put the pictures up of being in Memphis if you have any good ones.

Alicia said...

How adorable!! I hope the bath went okay.

Brittney said...

Oh my word! That is so funny! Just wait till you are at the bank or the pharmacy and your kid tries to make an order for chicken nuggets!!!

mom said...

That reminds me of the Caleb story...do you remember....when he was in Cracker Barrel? You NEVER KNOW what they are noticing...and repeating. Careful.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers