Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Bank-me

Yes the blankey. Every day it seems to grow more and more important to Elem, and he seems to become more and more attached to it. On Sunday, he had already taken his nap, and I thought he would be good to go without it for a few hours, since we would be playing, and going outside and what not. So I tossed it into the dirty clothes and threw them all into the wash. Because goodness knows that thing does not get washed as much as it should. So I am washing it for literally about 5 minutes, and Elem is playing in his room and sees this changing table cover that is in his dirty clothes, that is the same color as his blankey and almost the same material, and he runs over to it, saying, my bankmey my bankmey. So I show him it is not it, and pull it out, but then try to give him another blankey that looks kind of like his and is the same color to. No good. He yells, "not my bankmey." So I tried another one, and he yells the same thing. It was horrible. Luckily I had it on the short wash and I threw it in the dryer for about 10 minutes by itself and it was done. What am I am I going to do!? He is seriously attached to it.

He mostly needs his bankmey when he is getting tired, in the car, when he is getting stressed out, when he gets out of the bath, during breakfast, after I get him dressed, and then on and off during the school day when he sees it from a distance after I have shoved it back in the cubby. Hmm...seems like pretty much all day doesnt it? Well I am slowly trying to take it away from him when he has dropped it or doesnt know he isnt holding onto it anymore, and hopefully we can get it to where he only needs it a at night. However I dont see that happening any time soon. Here are a couple of shots of Elem and his bankmey:

As you can see, he is needing it every single time we get into the car. Its almost automatic, as soon as he sits in his car seat, and while I am buckeling him up, he immediately says, my bankmey. Very cute.


Here you can see his little habit, where he rubs his bankmey through his fingers as soon as he gets it. It is automatic as well. Any time you look over at him when he has his bankmey he is usually doing this. Its adorable. Just his calming action I guess.



There we have it. The good ole soft green and white blankey, that will most likely forever be a part of our life. Haha. Lets hope when I am posting about the first day of kindergarten, those pics are bankmey free. :)

1 comment:

mom said...

I love his bank-me too! I remember he was wrapped in it for one of his first pictures.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers