Friday, March 13, 2009

Chokat mulk

Yesterday we were driving home from school going down 30, and from the backseat I hear:

"momma, data a chokat mulk over dare"

So I turned to realize he was saying, "momma that is chocolate milk over there". When I looked out my window, to the left of me was the Coleman milk plant, or whatever you would call that. And on the side of their building they have 2 gigantic about 40 feet high milk cartons painted to perfection. Elem is currently not drinking much white milk, but he does enjoy some chocolate milk any occasion I can get him to drink it. So he does associate the milk jug with chocolate milk. It was so funny I started laughing until I was crying. :) Not to mention he then started looking out the window and said:

"momma where da oder chokat mulk?"

Bless his heart he was searching the streets to see if there was more giant milk jugs posted up. But no such luck. Yesterday was a very stresful day at work, and I thought I had given the day the efforts of my entirety until I heard these silly little words. They genuinely perked me up, and kept me going for another few hours. The joys of silly phrases!!

Milk will make you big and strong right? Even if you get the calcium from a chocolaty source-some is better than none in my book! Strong baby!

3 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Absolutely any flavored milk is better than none at all. Taylor and Madison like white milk but Caleb will only drink chocolate or strawberry. In fact, he drinks strawberry milk at lunch everyday. My dr said any milk I can get them is great. Elem is such a beautiful baby(is is ok to still say that since he is getting older)!

Khim said...

Oh that makes me laugh! My little brother (currently 21) would only drink "chocad milk" when he was little too, & I was the only he wanted to make it. Good memories!

mom said...

Wow!! He is a strong man!! I'll bet he loves that gym. Is that the same one you were talking about that we have in Memphis?
I am so glad you are recording his conversation because at the rate he is going, he is going to develop right out of that baby jargon . It is so cute the way you spell it. I can just hear him.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers