Monday, April 27, 2009

What I love most Mondays

I have sooo many things I am contemplating writing about for this Monday! I even had to ask Seth's opinion on which one to choose. So..needless to say throughout the week I will be writing on the other topics that were close in the running to make it for, What I Love Most Mondays!

This Monday I am seriously thankful for getting to dress a little boy! Haha. How many times do you hear me say, "girls clothes are everywhere, and they are all different, and they are all adorable!", "but there are hardly any boy clothes at all! It drives me crazy. However, I secretly LOVE digging through clothes racks (when I have time) and grabbing shirts on sale, and putting them together with a hand me down pair of shorts to make them just the right style. I am so proud to say that Elem totally sports the style that Seth and I love and actually really fits his personality. We are so not character people, as I like to say, and you will not catch me EVER purchasing an article of clothing with an animated figure on it. I just cant do it. Much less a pair of shoes. So, I stay true to our roots-a little bit hippy along with a little bit comfy, with a dash of cool colors! And there you have it, Elem Zane's style.

At the same time of me LOVING going chopping for him, way more than going shopping for me, getting him dressed is a totally other question. So for now, we will just stick to getting picking out his clothes! I love planning out his outfits, picking the shoes, all of it, and I so love when I actually do get his dressed, how freaking cute his outfits are!

Now I know all mothers love dressing their kids, and we all love seeing how cute they are in outfits, but it is even more than that. I truly feel that how Elem is dressed daily is a reflection of me and Seth. I love finding some sweet pin stripe pants, that no toddler would ever wear, because that is totally us. I love finding a cool retro looking t-shirt on sale at Dillards-because that is totally us. I love getting him converse of all colors and styles-because that is most definitly Seth and I, and I love finding the perfect newsboy hat to finish off an outfit, because that is so us! haha! It is just so fun. And even though it is very minute in the grand scheme of things-I really dont spend much money at all! i am a total bargain shopper and I love to see something so cheap looking so good on my kid. :) Snobby? Conceted? Neh, just trying to keep my kid stylish, and hopefully show who he really is from day one.

Here are a few of my favorites at random, starting from a while back:

Tye-dye from the beginning. You can thank me for that one-I HAD to have that outfit.


Boom box jacket, tight jeans, and Vans slip ons-another fave.


I used to LOVE the one piece outfits-they are just to sweet.


Another one piece on the beach-perfect for the sand and sun!


Hurley time: hurley t-shirt, hurley sweater vest, and some Kenneth Cole shoes


Lumber jack hat? who doesnt love a lumber jack hat??


Distinguished urban.


Slightly preppy, with the collar out over the fitted knit sweater.


Chillin with the skinny jeans, converse and another favorite hurley button up.


Newsboy plaid hat, pin stripe pants, and knit sweater perfect for Easter.


hello? How fun is this! i love looking back at these pics and they get me so excited about buying even more clothes for the seasons to come. I am such a nerd, but I LOVE it! Hope this post doesnt sound snobby or bragging like, I just LOVE dressing my kid. It seriously brings me so much joy. Anybody else out there just LOVE dressing your kid??? It seriously brings a smile to my face when I see the outfit come together as a whole, and I cant wait to get him out of the house. No matter if it cost $5.00 or $25.00 showing off your style is fun any time of day and for any event! Any shopping tips? Feel free to send em my way. i am currently on the look out for some new shoes and sweet summer shorts.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

I love dressing my kids too! I think I could take home the gold if "dressing your child" was an olympic sport :) I tend to be pretty preppy in their clothing. Also the girls wear lots of smocked (though Taylor who is 9 is starting to want more say). I am not a fan of character clothes either, we have a few disney, high school musical, hannah montana shirts laying around. I will never buy shoes with characters on them though....I refuse. I love Elem's style....he is such a cutie!

Brittney said...

I LOVE Elem's style! I would totally dress my boy very similar! He would look like Seth...not a prissy baby! And I agree...I could NEVER buy anything with characters. But, just wait till they want that stuff...Jillian wants a Dora swimsuit! I told her the rule is that our characters are only on our jammies!!!! So far it works!!!!

Scott said...

Oh my goodness, now I am totally thinking back on all the clothes I have for Aidan with characters on them! LOL. To be honest, I haven't really spent that much money on his clothes so far. I have just kind of put him in what people have gotten for us, for the most part. But, now is the time where I really want to start dressing him cute and putting a style to his name! haha! Where are the best places to shop for little boys? You mention old navy and dillards a lot. Anywhere else? And yes, Elem has a sweet style, fo sho!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers