Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thank goodness for Grandparents

Can I get an Amen? What would we working mothers do without grandparents??? Seth and I are sooo lucky to have 2 sets of parents who are willing to help out whenever they can. And we are even luckier to live less than a mile away from one set of grandparents. I was so thankful to Grammy and Poppa for offering to take care of sick baby Elem yesterday when I had t go in to work. I had to speak to a group of about 120 kids so there was no way I could skip out, and no way I could drag a sick little boy along with me-it would have been just miserable. But like I said, Grammy and Poppa offered to keep him all day long, which meant the sick little boy would get spoiled all day-which is actually just what he really needed. I hate taking him back to school a day too early just because I really need to go in, when I know he is still worn out and drained and just wants to be held on and off all day long.

So again-THANK GOODNESS FOR GRANDPARENTS! Thank you Grammy and Poppa for taking such good care of Elem Zane when mommy couldnt. We are so lucky to have you so close by. :)

(Since I dont have my camera to take a picture this week, I decided to take it back a few months-a whole lot of months really-I believe about 22 months to be exact!




Elem is doing much better and will be back at school today. He has been fever free for about 24 hours-so we will call it close enough! One of the many perks of being the director at the child care your kid goes to. Hopefully he can stick it out the whole day, and get some good rest at nap time. Happy Wednesday-the week is almost halfway over!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Amen! I have been meaning to do a post on Aidan's Gran and Grandpa too! We are very blessed to have the Grandpeeps so close by! BTW, we got Elem's bday invite and Aidan is so excited to go and celebrate with big boy E! Invites are precious! :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers