Saturday, May 2, 2009

6 days till the big birthday



I can't believe it is almost here. :( Elem is going to be 2 years old in 6 days. Although I am in party mode and working on getting his birthday party ready, I have mixed feelings about exiting the "1"s and entering the "2"s. To be truthful, Elem really hasnt been a baby in a long time. Looking at him over the last 6 months and watching his grown, listening to him talk, and watching him show off all the many things he knows how to do is truly bitter sweet. He is pretty big for his age and rambles on like he is already grown but still he needs his mommy and daddy, and in the midst of encouraging him to do things for himself and be a big boy, deeply, I am so going to miss the baby age. So..I am trying to prepare myself for accepting that he really is a toddler, and he really has been a toddler for quite sometime, that the age really doesnt mean all that much. I love my little guy and I am trying to pump myself up for seeing the last little bit of baby-ness fade away.

While I have been secretly getting sad about the birthday creeping up, Elem always seems to cheer me up, and I quickly am thankful that we have such a happy, healthy, smart, and good natured little boy. He is just perfect. Minus a few fits of course. :)


The last few weeks he has really been picking up with the talking and each day I am shocked at some of the things that come out of his mouth. Yesterday, he told me, "you not my friend". I was HEARTBROKEN when he said that! And as bad as it hurt me I had to discipline him, and let him know we dont talk like that. Still deep down, all I could think was, How in the world could he say that to ME??? So rather than think of those not so nice words that came out of his mouth, I chose to jot down sweet and kind sentences that he said all day long, so here goes, in an effort to counter the ugly one.

"I take my med-cine good boy mommy"
"I wipe it off my bank-mey, dat better"
"I want some candy rite up der mommy"
"Your hair wet, you gon dry it?"
"Just a wittle bit mommy...kay"
"Sage at back door"
"Come here sage...kitchen...come see us"
"Let my in sunshine, let my in"
"I hear dat tunder, you hear it?"
"My chocut mulk on table in dare"
"You call my name mommy?"
"It broken now"
"I wan go sissy house, play sissy"
"Daddy at work, I wan daddy"
"Mommy hold you"
"I wan go night night mommy bed"
"I don wan go night night elem bed...not yet"

Ahh those are more like my little boy. Much better. I love my sweet Elem Zane.

2 comments:

mom said...

Toughen up sissy. He isn't even a teenager yet.
Mom

becky said...

What about it scary in dere? Also what about calling Thorn a cow?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers