Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What I Love Most Mondays

Even though it is Tuesday..I have a really good excuse! I did have a very sick baby suffering from a fever virus that I was holding on top of me..sweating out his fever. However, all is good now and I can make up for missing my What I Love Most About Mondays! This week-a moment in pictures-

"Sissy, can you believe we are at this baseball game?...and on top of that we get diet coke?"


"You like a diet coke sissy? I like it"


We really try not to keep any cokes or anything out in the open at our house, because my sweet little son, is quick to jump on the bandwagon of wanting to gulp some down! And he doesnt miss a beat. :) If you know me at all, you know that I am a diet coke lover-and I have to have my morning caffein before I can really get my day going. Which is a little difficult when you tell your kid they need to drink water and milk and all that good stuff, just as you pop your top and take a few sips. So it is always an extra special treat for Eem to get coke and sprite when we go out for special occasions. But boy does he love it!
he gets a good amount of those tasty treats while at the ole grandparents house, but other than that-its straight water, juice, and milk-no sodas at all. So when he gets a hold of it, it is soo funny to watch him take the first sip like he loves to drink it, and then see him blink his eyes and hold his breath like it was so much to handle for just one sip. :)

Thank goodness for diet coke-for mommy. The good part is-we never ever offer him any kind of soda in his sippy cup (minus the grandparents) so he usually has a great big cup that he realistically only takes about 6 sips of. So not too much.

Hopefully I can sidetrack Elem Zane before he realizes how addicting cokes are and realizes even more that it is so not good for you! So this monday I am so thankful for MY diet cokes. :) but I am also thankful for how excited my kid gets and his reaction when he gets a tiny sip on his little boy taste buds.

Happy late Monday!

1 comment:

Khim said...

Happy Birthday Elem Zane!!! I can't believe it's been two whole years! It has been fun watching you grow!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers