Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Elem Zane




This post SHOULD have been written on Elem's actual 2nd birthday, Friday May 8th! But I had technical difficulties, and the modem to our computer decided to go out on us, so we have been without internet for over a week. Elem is officially a 2 year old and he is embracing his new age with all smiles and non stop chatter! I feel like, the day he turned 2, a little ticker went off in his brain that said, okay start learning triple time now! Because he has been a super sponge over the weekend and this week. I read recently that the average 2 year old learns up to 8 new words a day! And I believe it. I don't think Elem has stopped talking for one second, other than during sleep, for the last few days. He is just rambling, and rambling, and asking questions, and more curious than ever. The common trend for 2 year olds of course is the terrible 2s, but I actually LOVE this age!!! And am more excited than ever to be teaching Elem new things, and see him repeat it right before our eyes. This is going to be a truly amazing age. Although I do not like the temper tantrums and the yelling, but we will get over those-I hope :) ANd stick to the more fun and more exciting and loving aspects of being a fabulous little 2 year old. I will be posting on his birthday and the events of Mother's day over the weekend, but for now, I wanted to do a little 2 year Milestone post! I kind of jumped off the band wagon on the milestones, I went so strong for about 21 months and then the last 3 months have just been killer for me, and so hard to find time to sit and blog. So I wanted to start age 2 with fresh milestones so I could remember just where Elem was while entering this year.

Stats:
Weight: 31 pounds
Height:
Shoe Size: 7 and 1/2 -8
Teeth: 16, back molars are going to cut any day now!
Diaper: 5

Language skills:
-currently repeating everything we say, anything you would like to hear,he will give it a try
-speaks in 4-5 word sentences on average, sometimes a couple more sometimes a couple less
-at least 65-70% of what he says could be understood by someone other than me
-can name the following 20 body parts: hair, head, eyes, cheeks, chin, nose, lips, mouth, tongue, shoulders, tummy, belly button, back, booty, leg, knee, feet, toes, fingers, thumb
-names and identifies people from pictures and then usually recognizes them in person
-names and identifies some animals and animal noises
-verbalizes and understands words like, too big, too small, too tight, don't fit, etc.
-asks lots of questions, like what is that? what you doing? where my daddy at? we going to sissy's house? huh?
-does not have any stuttering



Mentally:
-Spells his name :) I am very proud of this one, because he picked it up so fast!
-knows that he is a boy, and knows genders of the people around us every day
-is about 1/2 potty trained. He can go anytime he wants to, but I have to really stay on top of him and sometimes trick him into going
-plays pretend with babies, instruments, strollers, play food, books, and talks out loud to himself while playing
-express his likes and dislikes-usually his dislikes :)
-can have conversations with you on the phone
-enjoys talking to his shadow on the wall and inviting it to play
-understands some time limits...like-in just a minute, we will go in a little bit, tomorrow, later, and is pretty comfortable with them
-can do simple puzzles, but gets sidetracked pretty quickly
-talks about himself, what he has at home, what he did today, etc.
-knows the names of his friends and teachers at school
-recognizes his name from others
-remembers words from several books
-can count to 10, although currently he likes to skip to seven, eight, nine-those are his favorites
-knows and can state his age, and hold up his 2 fingers



Socially:
-loves to go to school
-enjoys playing with older children for most of the day, rough housing with them
-is aware of babies, and talks to them softly and is kind to them, nurturing
-pretty rough and aggressive, will push, and hit if he feels threatened or someone is bothering him
-shares about 50% of the time/ has a fit the other 50% because he does not want to share :)
-still very clingy, and is whiny pretty often if I am around
-very happy and giggly most of the time
-communicates well with other children, carries on conversations with them, without the interference of an adult
-will talk to strangers if mommy or daddy is there, still pretty timid around people he doesnt know
-not a morning person
-has good table manners and manners in general, uses thank you and please on a pretty regular basis
-is very protective of mommy at school, and tends to push other children away if they are too close to me



Top 10 Likes: (other than mommy and daddy)
****Blankey**** nothing compares to the ole "bank-mey" it will forever be superior
1. sports-current favorites are baseball and golf (go figure!)
2. sissy (Cecilia)
3. "bire-tuck", "moto-kykl", "choo choo trains" and 4 "wooters"........firetrucks, motorcycles, choo choo trains and 4 wheelers
4. powder when you change his diaper! and lots of it (he loves this!)
5. singing: Brining Home a baby bumble bee and take me out to the ball game
6. skateboarding
7. watching himself on video
8. Ranch and popsicles
9. Wearing basketball jerseys
10. art projects...painting, gluing, stickers, etc.



Dislikes:
1. Hates getting his hair brushed
2. being told to go to bed or take a nap
3. having to come in from outside
4. taking a toy away from him that he thinks he should have
5. getting dressed in the morning. he would rather keep on the same clothes all the time
6. riding in a shopping cart for any length of time
7. riding in his car seat/ and the seat belt (this is not a good dislike for mommy. it makes my morning very difficult)
8. holding cold or wet things-he is very sensitive and needs mommy to wipe things off numerous times, or get a paper towel
9. most foods-just like mommy, we are 2 of the pickiest eaters ever!
10. Washing his hair!

There we have it, the 2 year milestones for Elem Zane. My how he has grown since he first came into this world weighing in at a whopping 6 pounds 8 ounces. He still melts my heart every time I look at him, and I still catch myself watching his sleep in complete awe of his perfection. It is almost mind blowing that he has developed into such a wonderful little boy, and is really practicing the things we have worked so strongly to teach him. I love spending time with Elem and I admit I am over protective and I do have one spoiled little boy. But I wouldnt have it any other way. He knows that we love him, and although he has his moments of fits and aggression, his loving personality still shines through every day. I love his silly laugh when he thinks he is being funny, and I love to hear him scream and giggle when he is being tickled. I love to see him try to persuade me to get him a drink of diet coke every chance he gets, and I love to see his excitement when he sees an airplane or helicopter go back. He is so genuine and intrigued by the little things, that it makes me love him every time I see him excited about all the little things. I could never ask for a more beautiful baby boy, or anything more perfect. I dont know how I could ever love anything more than I love Elem. He makes our family complete.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Elem Zane IS the most precious little boy EVER! It has been so much fun watching him grow up via your blog entries. You and Seth are such loving parents and I am so happy for you and your sweet family! You deserve all the happiness in the world Ms. Lou-Lou! Love you!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers