Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

Well I eventually WILL get caught up with my posts. I am not to far behind, but I didnt want to skip out on my birthday! I mean it is the last one of my 20s so I had to dedicate at least a few minutes to the celebration of a new age. :) On May 20th, I happily turned 29 years old, and this is one of the first birthdays I remember in a long time that I was actually thinking about the age! I love birthdays, but I usually just spend the day being excited that its my birthday, have some cake, and move on. However, next year I will be the big 3-0. Can you believe it?? I am getting old. Yes I totally am getting old.

Oh well, I guess there is no use in pouting about it because it is inevitable, we are all going to get older and older so I might as well have fun and try to look good doing it, right? This year my birthday was pretty low key, because it was on a Thursday. A couple of days before my actual birthday, Seth gave me the best birthday present ever! Well the best present for me that is. I am one of those-not so into cell phones kind of people. Meaning that I dont ever have a really nice one, I dont really like to talk on them, and I dont ever care if it is working or not. Haha. I usually use some sort of hand me down phone, and have been using one that my brother n law let me borrow for about 6 months now. I guess my husband and family got sick of me never answering the phone, and me never knowing really how to use it, so Seth got me my very own brand new Blackberry. I feel very up to date now, and I actually LOVE the phone. Ali has one too so she has been showing me all the ins and outs. It is super cool and such a great gift!

On my actual birthday, I went to work just like any other day, and my awesome co-workers and friends, had a little party for me during the kids nap-time. They even got my favorite-ice creme cake-so that was a nice surprise. And I was even happier that Elem woke up just in time for the party. Sleepy eyes and all he still LOVES birthdays, and with all the fuss about his birthday recently, he does know that birthdays=cake! He thought it was another birthday party for him, but he was cool with it being for mommy. Grammy picked up Elem for school for me, and Seth and I headed to meet each other down town. We tried a few bars just to grab something to drink on the patio, because it was a beautiful day! Atfer going several places we ended up right back where we always do, at my good old stomping ground-The Flying Saucer. Never fails that when you wait tables somewhere, it is always more fun to go back there to hang out! A few Free drinks, the hook up on good service, good company, and you always see lots of people you know.


After the saucer we headed to go pick up Elem, so we were in by 10pm. Oh the days of staying out late and uninterrupted, when did they pass us by? But it was worth it because as soon as we got to Ali and Dustin's house they had a cake for me, so we blew out the candles and ate more cake with Elem. To make it even funnier, Elem and Cecilia got tired of waiting on me and Seth to get home, so they dug into the cake before I even saw it. It made it even more special . haha. The things we do to keep our kids happy. I had such a great birthday and yes, I think by the time next year roles around, I will be ready for the big 30. However, I better be having some HUGE birthday bash with everyone there, or I better be on a beach somewhere. I need to embrace by 30s in style.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Happy Belated Bday Mindy Lou-Lou! I am so glad that you celebrated in style with your co-workers and fam. And yeah, it is pretty funny how when we actually DO get to go out, we often times end up at the ol' Flying Saucer. Hey, I will always be grateful to that place because it is where I met some of my best friends! :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers