Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mothers Day 2009



Belated I know, but I just wanted to say that I did have a great Mother's Day this year. It has seemed to really creep up on me every single year because Elem's birthday is always just a day or two prior to Mother's Day. I must admit, that when I first had Elem, and literally a few days later was Mother's Day, the day developed a completely new meaning. I have always thought of Mother's Day as a day to honor our Mother's and show appreciation for all that they do for us, but as a Mother is actually has a little bit of a flip side. More so than wanting to feel appreciated or respected for bringing life into this world (although that is pretty amazing if I do say so myself! :)) is the feeling of being so proud to call your self a "mom" to this little person that you created and are raising every day. I feel more honored than ever to have been given the opportunity to BE a mom, and even more so that I have been given Elem Zane with his crazy bubbling personality, raspy voice, and occasional slap to my face to raise. I really do LOVE it!

This Mother's Day was great because my mom and sister came in town the day before for Elem's birthday, so even though I didnt actually spend Mother's Day with them, I did get to spend the day before with them. My mom is such a great mom, always worked so hard to give us everything, and has always gone without just to let us have more. I really want to do that for my family and I have learned a lot from her. My sis is a great mom too, very aware of ALL of Wyatt's needs, she is loving, and protective and all the things a good mom should be. So to my mom and sis I am so glad I got to see you and actually tell you Happy Mother's Day in person rather just on the phone. That means a lot to me.

I woke up on Mother's Day tired from the birthday party craziness and stress, and really was happy just for a calm and relaxed day. It was cloudy and rainy, and cool outside, a perfect day for rest and relaxation. The morning was very chilled, Seth and Elem gave me flowers-I love flowers :). We headed to Aunt Nancy's for lunch with Seth's mom's side of the family, had a quick bite to eat, and headed back just in time to all catch a nap. It was a peaceful and nice day, just how I hoped. And above all I spent the majority of the day being sentamental and telling myself how lucky I really am to have a healthy and happy little boy. I love being a mom, it is the highlight of my day.

1 comment:

mom said...

Children are the best part of life.
I love you.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers