Thursday, June 18, 2009

No fear

At the beginning of this month-after the rain FINALLY ended for the entire month of May, we actually started being able to go swimming!!! Seth and I LOVE water, beaches, swimming, just being in the sun in general, and we so happy to finally get Elem in the water. We started the summer out by going to Uncle Spoons pool to "test the waters" and see how Elem felt about getting in. Last year he seemed to love the beach, and liked the pool okay, but this year is a totally different story.

As soon as we got to the pool, Elem took up residency on the stairs. The water was freezing....but that did not seem to stop him! His farmer tan is a little out of control here.


He was on a mission to get in that pool and swim. After a couple of seconds of seeing daddy jump right in, there was no turning back! The swimmies were originally put on in hopes to keep him afloat if anything went wrong, but I think they are really intended for an older or bigger kid. Maybe next year those will be a little better for us. But like I said, once he was in there, he was happy! He was smiling and laughing the whole time and just happy to be in this vast amount of water....with his daddy even made it better :)



After swimming at Spoons house, Elem was all about going back to go "swim in the pool". Lucky for us, Grammy and Poppa have a great big pool and it just got all cleaned up for the summer. As soon as we go there, Elem and Cecilia were right in the pool. Again, the temperature of the pool water seems to have no effect on small children. Wish I could say the same for myself. Instead I kill my self each and every time by inching into the water, first my feet, then my calfs, knees, etc. Once i get to my waist I am pretty good to go. However, daddy is a little more daring, and of course makes the grand entrance every time! So Elem counted "1, 2, 3 Jump" and daddy was in the water. After Elem saw that, it was his mission to be just like his daddy, which is his new thing, and he became a jumping maniac! No fear I tell you!



He must have jumped in the water about 100 times, and that has continued every single time we go to the pool! I love seeing him have so much fun and I am so happy he is a water bug like us! We wouldnt want it any other way. My only fear with him loving the water so much is that he seems to be very carefree when getting around outside of the pool. I am super paranoid about him having shoes on at all times so he doesnt slip and fall when he is walking around through the water on the concrete. And I am also super freaked out by him running or walking fast, because he doesnt even think about falling! So I have to overcome my fear of those things, and just hope for the best. We are hoping for an injury free summer! Full of lots of sun and swimming.

1 comment:

mom said...

Elem is getting so big and handsome. That is really a good pic of Seth and Elem. Where are his swimming trunks?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers