Monday, June 8, 2009

What I love most Mondays

Yes I admit I skipped a couple of Mondays, but I am back on track! At least for this week that is! This week I am keeping it nice and simple. Currently I am LOVING the effect that popsicles have on kids! Both at work and at school, with the rising temperatures outside, a popsicle seems the best way to keep everyone hydrated and happy.

Elem actually got on the popsicle kick from being at school, and once he had one-he never went back. Throughout the day at school he will tell me he wants one, and of course then I have to give one to everybody, but they are super cheap, and really do seem to have this magical effect on kids. Instant smiles, calmer children, and no disagreements for at least 3 minutes. :) ANother favorite that has creeped it sneaky little way into our lives would be the ice cream man. But I wont get into that one today. Even though he does drive through our neighborhood every single night at about 7:20pm on the nose, and continue to drive slowly for at least 20 minutes, dinging that little bell over and over with the song playing from his speakers. Even though we have only bought ice cream from him literally 2 times, Elem still can hear that dinging from a mile away, and ALWAYS wants to get ice cream from the ice cream man.

Okay back to popsicles. Our current favorite are flavor ice. They come in bulk, all different colors, arent really all that big, are probably one of the least messy popsicles ever, and taste super good! Elem picked up in about 1 week how to push the popsicle up the paper as he ate it, and likes to be super sensative and needs a paper towel to wrap around the popsicle because they are always too cold. Go figure. Last weekend we took a swim break to enjoy 2 or 3 refreshing popsicles:

Everybody has figured it out!


Sissy caught on very quickly. You can tell she has had a popsicle or 2. :)


I love the determination in this. Everyone take at least 2 seconds and think of the last time you tried this hard for something. Anything.


I didnt say they work miracles people! Of course when someone's is running out and someone else still has some, there will be conflict!



We love popsicles!

3 comments:

Scott said...

Soooooooo cute! Must keep this in mind. Although, I have to say, Flavor Ice has always been my very favorite popsicle of choice too.

Brittney said...

So cute...and I agree about the popsicles! My girls love them and think they have to have one every time we go outside! Ok, so sorry I have been MIA on commenting...because I really wanted to tell Mr. Elem Happy 2nd birthday, you Happy 29th birthday, and Happy 1st Anniversary! May is big month for you like June is for us! I hope you guys had a great time celebrating together as a little family! You look great in your pictures and I am voting that baby #2 needs to be on the way pretty soon! :)

Anonymous said...

We are going to have to try those!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers