Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What I love Most Mondays!

I have to admit Monday was the start of one hell of a week for me! Work seems to be monopolizing so much of my time, I cant event seem to see straight, much less think straight. So by the time Tuesday rolled around, I realized that I had already missed Monday, I thought I had better sit down and think about something that I loved about Monday! Because in all honesty I was thinking pretty hard that I really hated this Monday! :(

However, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

-despite all the bills I needed to pay, even though I didn't have any stamps
-despite all the time sheets I needed to complete at work, even though I never have time to sit down and actually calculate all the hours every one of my 12-15 employees have worked-I cant even keep up with how many there are these days
-despite the fact that no matter how early I get work, people seem to run up to me the second I pull in with some kind of crisis that I MUST fix immediately
-despite the fact that an entire diet coke exploded in my car because it is so freaking hot here!
-despite that I slipped when walking into the pool on father's day and have a huge purple bruise on my butt, that looks like someone beat me :)
-and despite that I had to wait 55 minutes for a 10 minute haircut for Elem that I dont like because they chopped his bangs off!

There is still this sweet little boy that wakes up every morning, groggy and confused, ready to be held, and cuddled with, and ready to embrace the day before most of us have gotten our thoughts together. Although Elem does not get up extremely early, it still makes me smile at the things he wants to do so early in the morning before we head off to school (work). The usual: the "wooter" as he likes to call it.


In the early morning sunlight, about 8:15am around here, I am usually packing up his bag for the day, getting juice ready, finishing getting ready myself, blah blah blah, and Elem is just in his own little world, ready to get going outside! He just cant get enough of riding his 4 wheeler around the driveway around our cars and back, and thru to the backyard. Sometimes I dont hear him or see him for like .3 seconds, and then I realize he is just sitting quietly watching the birds fly over him, or checking out a fried "wormy" on the driveway. We are often in such a hurry to rush our kids out the door and do everything so fast to try and squeeze just a few more things in before we have to be at work, or throughout the day, that we (meaning I) have to really make myself chill out and take a step back to remember, not everybody, especially Elem runs on that same kind of schedule. So thank you Elem for my Monday bit of happiness, and for reminding me to take a look at the worms and the birds, and do something fun in the morning before all the stress and routine begin!

1 comment:

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

I think Elem's hair is cute!

And thank goodness my little Orange group are happy little people :) No crises for you to fix there!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers