Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Father's Day 2009

This year Father's Day was even a little more special because it was also Seth's birthday! I guess that will only be happening about once every 7 years so we made sure to spend this past Sunday in the way that Seth wanted! his only desire was to spend it with Elem, relaxing, and chilling by the pool. I couldn't think of anything better myself! Do that is exactly what we did. We headed over to Grammy and Poppas around noon and didn't leave until about 6 p m that night. Elem and I started the day off right with a card from Elem that his his very own little voice recorded on it, and I even chose a card that was "jungle book" themed for "I wanna be like you" since that is Elem's new thing. He is totally all about Seth and wants to be just like him, so I couldn't think of anything better than a card that reflected that! We also got daddy some new clothes, swimming trunks, and then a new grill is on the way. He wanted to pick that one out himself so I didn't try and get that one on my own. However, I did make a special point to put together a little special something for Seth from Elem and I just to commemorate the past 2 years of Seth as a dad. We love you so much Seth and you are the best daddy we could ever ask for. You are such a good role model and work so hard to keep Elem happy and do your best to keep mommy happy all at the same time. I must admit I am one stressed out mommy with all that seems to be going on with work, Elem, and just in our every day to day life, but Seth keeps us all grounded. I once thought it was me who was more grounded and calm but Seth has proved to be more and more the concrete portion of our relationship. I am so lucky to have him in my life, and be such a strong daddy for Elem. This video could not even capture all the special moments between Elem and Seth, but it does provide a glimpse into part of what I like to call "daddy/Elem time." Elem and Seth have such a special relationship, and I am slowly becoming more and more jealous of the time they spend together and the effort Elem puts into trying to be like daddy. At times I feel left out, but I could not imagine a better man that my son could look up to. We love you daddy, and as the song says..."I could hold you, in my arms forever"......and "I could use somebody"! We both needed a little ray of sunshine in our lives and Elem Zane has proved to be just that! :) Happy Father's Day Seth, we love you more than words can say.



(for some reason the slideshow will not play the second song...so you will have to enjoy it music free for now...Seth is working to convert it for me or shrink it so we can all enjoy the full effect)

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers