Thursday, August 27, 2009

A day at the lake

Day-dreaming at the lake. What could be more peaceful than that?


Seth was out of town last weekend so Elem and I decided to take full advantage of the newest purchase by the Suitor family. That being: their NEW BOAT. Rightly titled, "Woooooooo Pig Suitor" haha! We love it. And we were super pumped to head to Lake Degray for the first weekend adventure on the water! And it did not disappoint. We have not been to the lake all summer (which is rare for us this late in the game) and I couldn't wait to just chill and play in the water with Elem. He has only been to the lake a couple of times last year, but never really on the boat for a full day of fun. So although I was a little nervous, and the words, "if he falls in, thats it, he's gone-the water is dirty and you cant find anything in the lake" (spoken by Seth to me) kept ringing in my ear, I still was ready to have a safe and fun filled day with my little guy. :)

And that is just what we did. We piled on the new boat with Ali, Dustin, Cecilia, Josh, and Emily, and headed out. Boat filled with lots of life jackets, swimmies, snacks, and drinks. First stop: a little island where we could jump out and swim in the water and just let the kids play for a few minutes to get used to the idea. Elem was to say the least-happy to swim, and could have cared less about the fact that you couldn't really see your body below the water. Thank goodness for his newly developed love of the swimmies. Swim time just wouldn't be the same without them!


Ahhhh: happy feet with a good view.


Cool sight number one-SAIL BOATS. Wahoo and thank goodness for them! They were a highlight and favorite topic of conversation for me and Elem on the front of the boat. There were actually quite a few of them out there, and they were so beautiful. Elem really enjoyed seeing them, and they were most certainly his most favorite boat on the lake.


Best friends stick together. Elem and I pretty much hung tight the entire time on the boat. And off of the boat for that matter. He didn't really stray too far-I think the whole thing was a little overwhelming for him, although he was loving every minute of it. The loud noise and the wind blowing in his face, along with the waves and bumps, etc. seemed to scare him just a little bit, or at the very least keep him a little bit aware at all time. He wanted to sit in my lap the ENTIRE time we were moving and never once moved away from that spot, which was fine by me. I felt like he was very safe, life jacket and all, Elem nice and tight in mommies arms.


We pulled over to a nice little cove to enjoy a little picnic and get the kiddies hydrated. Elem and Cecilia had so much fun just talking and eating, and being cute. Little water babies. Thank goodness they love the water!


After a fun filled day of just cruising on the lake and swimming here and there, Josh, Dustin, and Emily took on the wakeboard-I did not but I will attempt soon, I swear! However, we did jump on the tube for some high energy fun. Well as fun as you can get going 5 miles an hour! :)First up: Cecilia and Ali-I think Cecilia fell asleep at one point while holding on to the tube-literally-the girl sure can relax when she needs to.


Next up: Elem and mommy! Yes I was kind of nervous because I didnt exactly know how I was going to hold Elem on, and myself at the same time, but it totally wasn't as insane as I thought. Like I said we were literally going like 5 miles an hour. Elem was holding on tight though-not too sure what exactly he should be doing, or what in the world that big tube had in store for him.


Our tubing experience was short lived. After about 3 minutes, Elem kept telling me he was ready to swim. Over and over again. So we called it quits and once Dustin stopped the boat, we swam a little more and enjoyed the nice day. Elem was much happier just to be in the water versus on top of the water. Which is just fine by me. Whatever makes him happy.


I headed back to the house about 4pm with Elem and Cecilia in hopes of them falling asleep on the way home. Uhhm, yeah right, no such luck!!! They usually pass right out when we send the day swimming or out in the sun, but they were too hyped up on cokes and other forms of sugar I guess, and decided to give me a run for my money. We finally made it home and decided to make a little detour and headed to Grammy and Pappas for some assistance since I was super tired. It sure is amazing what a day on the lake will do to ya. It is like the sun sucks all your energy out of you, and you don't realize just how tired you are until you are trying to chase two itty bitty peoples around, who are just as tired as you. Luckily Grammy and Pappa did just the trick, we stuck the kiddos in the bathtub, and Elem and I headed back home. Safe to say, we both slept like babies that night, neither one of us woke up for even a split second. The day at the lake was sooo much fun, and the only part that was missing was Daddy. :( Hopefully we will get him on that boat before the summer draws to an end. Great way to spend our weekend. Wahoo.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers