Thursday, August 6, 2009

"A little bit tiny golf ball"

As I sat at the computer trying to jot down a couple of lines in a blog, Elem spends his last few minutes of freedom before I drag him off to bed playing with the toys of his choice. Choice of the night: golf club and golf balls-several golf balls to be exact. I hear him mumbling to himself lots of things, that of course strike a mommy in all sorts of ways. Some of them humorous, some of them super smart, some of them barely understandable. But one that sticks out in my mind, he continued to say over and over, almost as if he was telling himself it was the correct way to say it, and hoping for some sort of response-from himself, from me, from sage, anybody! Of the many golf balls Elem had chosen to play with, one of them was an actual golf ball, and I guess he feels that it is just a "tiny bit" smaller than the play golf balls we have all over our house for Elem to hit. He kept walking around aimlessly saying, "uhm, a little bit tiny golf ball"-"nope dats not it"-"uhm a little bit tiny gof ball"-"nope dats not it"...over and over and over again. He was seriously trying to find that one little golf ball, that I guess he feels is itty bitty, and it was just so sincere and cute that I couldnt help but look at him, smile and offer my assistance. However, my genuine attempt to offer a sighting of the "little bit tiny golf ball" was of course rejected, and in no way did I know what ball he was referring and he moved on from there, but still the sweet moment that I caught him talking to himself, and trying to work out his problem and really find that golf ball, was too too cute.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers