Monday, August 3, 2009

Memphis Mini VA-CA!

A couple of weeks ago Seth, Elem, and I took off Friday from work and school and headed off to Memphis to see my parents. We dont get to see them all that often, not as much as we would like anyhow! Mostly because Seth and I both work beyond full time and my mom works as a teacher during the school year. So squeezing in a drive to memphis on Saturday and then back on Sunday is kind of a lot for us on a regular weekend! So like I said, we planned our trip and took off on a Friday to give us a day extra to hang out and actually feel like we got to see them. And for an extra bonus for ourselves we booked a super nice hotel to stay in and were so glad we did! I will post more on that later. But for now, I just wanted to mention the first part of our visit. We got to my parents house about 2pm or so, and Elem was so ready to get out of the car. Even though it is only a 2 and 1/2 hour ride, Elem is so not a car seat person, if you know him at all. He is actually going through this anti-car seat buckle phase-which is HORRIBLE! And it is like fighting with a demon to get his seatbelt on him unless you catch him in the right mood. So in true road trip fashion, he had a major fit for the first 20 minutes of the ride. I forced the seatbelt buckle to latch, jumped in the backseat of the jeep with him, turned on Dora, got the juice cup and blankey, and we were off. Elem screamed so hard and so loud that he had teeny tiny burst blood vessels all over his face and shoulders for the remainder of the weekend. It was so not fun, but eventually he got over himself and allowed the seat belt to stay on. We arrived ready to play, and thank goodness my mom had the kiddie pool all blown up an filled with water! There was no time for small talk, elem was stripped down and had his bathing suit on before we knew it! (Oh and did I mention he wore underwear the whole way?-yes that little man is just about fully potty trained!) Like I said, thank goodness for Memaw's kiddie pool!

It sure put a smile on somebody's face:)


My parents were so cute watching Elem splish splash all around! And he was soaking up every minute of it. Talking his little head off, jumping in and out of the pool, dumping the water in and out. He totally knew everyone was there for him, if you know what I mean. I love this pic of my parents watching Elem swim, they are so happy!


The little man swam till he was all tuckered out and ready for some indoor play time! Although he wasn't quite sure if he really wanted to get out. But then again, those dang mosquitoes are such a pain.


He finally came back inside, we got him dressed, and of course took time to chase my parents poor little kitties around the house. I believe that will always be a favorite past time of Elem's pretty much as soon as we set foot in the door. I think when he thinks Memaw and Papaw, his direct line of thought is....Memaw, Papaw, kitties, kitties, kitties, look behind the end table in the living room, and then look under the big bed! hahaha. He needs to see those kitties, and if he could only hold one, he would be in heaven. They on the other hand, are not such big fans of Elem's. I don't think the fact that we always bring Sage helps much either! But oh well! Okay so after lots of playing and hanging out with the kiddies, we headed off to the hotel to check in, find our room, get situated and all, and then back to my parents house for some dinner. I will pick up from there next!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers