Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back from the beach

Yes, although I am sad to say, we are back from the beach and already in full swing with our regular old schedule. We have actually been back for a few days now, and I can't wait to post on all the fun times and great memories we have from our trip. Hopefully I can get to that tonight after Elem heads to bed. He did pretty well on the trip, just a few temper tantrums, which is to be expected from a 2 year old toddler. But other wise -pretty smooth sailing. :)

Elem LOVED the beach and just about everything it had to offer-just like his mommy and daddy, and I am so happy that we decided to make this last minute trip to Orange Beach.



Elem's Favorites seemed to include:
*The sea gulls-he seemed to think they were talking to him. So sweet. hehe. And he loved watching them dive into the water to get a fish!
*The sand of course-and making sand castles. But more so knocking down (kicking down) the sand castles as soon as they were created.
*Running laps on the beach-or should I say sprints. He was a running fool!
*The indoor pool. :) I wish I was typing the waves, but to be honest, the indoor pool was his favorite.

Although the theme song for our vacation ended up being, "Rain Rain Go Away", we were lucky enough to have an AWESOME condo, find a few indoor activities, and catch some sunshine in between the storms! Not the best weather, but at least no hurricane is all I can say!

Just to give you the idea of our time on the beach:






Ahhhh. So happy to be able to spend some much needed quality time with my family. Away from all the drama and everyday craziness of work and household duties. Nothing like walking on the sand, soaking up some sun, and just listening to the waves as they hit the shore. It is my happy place.

3 comments:

mom said...

I am so glad you went. Everyone looks so happy.

becky said...

Elem is getting so tall!! I understand about the rain. We went on a mini vacation as well and it rained the majority of the time. It is still just so great to be away and in a different place!

Kay Wilson said...

I am so thrilled to get to experience a little of your world and wonderful family. Watching the ones you love enjoy themselfs is so very special and reading about your trip brings back so many memories from the past which include you and Katherine. The pool at Scenic Hills, Harding, Mexico and Missouri. good times, good memories and great fun. Love ya, thanks for sharing

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers