Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Please shine down on me.

"oh Mr. sun, sun, Mr. golden sun, please shine down on me."




The time has finally come, and Seth, Elem, and I are officially taking a family vacation and I could not be more thrilled. It has been more than a little hectic of a summer for all of us and we are in desperate need of some quality uninterrupted family time. uhm on the beach I might add. :) So we are off-heading to Orang Beach, for 4 nights and 5 lovely days on the beach-just us, with no interruptions, and no plans, and we couldnt be more excited or ready to go. Seth is actually coming back in town tomorrow night, and I have to work all day tomorrow, so not the ideal conditions for needing to pack and leaving town with a toddler, but we will make it happen! Laundry is done, bills are paid, trash is rolled out, a few things are packed, dvd player is ready with several Dora DVDs already in stock in the backseat, DVR is preset for next weeks recordings, filling up the gas tank in the morning, and picking up a few last minute special car ride toys tomorrow afternoon for the long ride with the little one.. The goal- to head out around 3am tomorrow night, so Elem might stay asleep for the first part of the trip. That should totally work in our favor with the newly potty trained guy. After that, we travel at our own risk-possible potty breaks every 30 minutes-hour. hehe. Oh well, beggers can't be choosers, right? AT this point, I dont even care-just get me to the beach and in the sun, with the waves at my feet. I will think about complaining then! Many pics to come. I can only imagine how many I will take. ahhh, "Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun-"

1 comment:

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

I LOVE Orange Beach! Brad and I went last summer and we had a blast.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers