Saturday, September 5, 2009

Moments not worth forgetting

I love love love love...........those moments leading up to bedtime at my house.

No, not the ones of a tired and sometimes fussy little one, who desperately needs sleep, but wouldn't dare to admit it. But those during bath time, and putting on lotion, reading books, doing puzzles, saying prayers, cuddling up on the couch, getting just the right stuffed animal (or Dora), getting juice and blankey, and just talking with Elem about this and that right before he drifts off into never never land. Tonight especially was a sweet moment that I wouldn't want to forget.

I have mentioned it before, but even though I sing to Elem all the time, the songs that I seem to spit out are sometimes random. Lately, I have been singing "I love you with the love of the lord" when I have been patting his littler back and trying to get him to go to sleep. A very short and simple song, one that is easy to sing, and a soft catchy little tune. Tonight, I was holding Elem and he was just sweeter than ever-but one of those moments that seems to happen at least a few times every day. I was holding him in my lap-even though he is just about too long to fit on my body-although I do not even want to begin to think about that. !!!!! I have to hold and rock my little man-he just turned 2 for goodness sakes! But I was holding him in my lap, and we were chest to chest, his head rested sweetly on my left shoulder, all cuddled and comfy. I sang that song and was rocking him back and forth, just loving on him and enjoying a few minutes before bed time. :) As I rocked him, he was rocking with me-just kind of pushing me to the right every time my body was about to shift. Ahh, I love that-so minimal, but so sweet and effortless on his part. We were actually in the bathroom for some reason (I am sure I was trying to get him to use the potty before bed or something like that-hehe :) So I could see our reflexion in the mirror. Too too cute. My left hand was just holding his little body by right above his legs, and my right hand was patting him on the back-which he loves. I was looking at his little chubby legs just dangling and total dead weight. Funny how they just depend on us fr some things that we don't even realize! It was such a sweet picture-I did not want to forget it.

And as I was looking at him and holding him, and rocking him, and singing that song, he started to sing with me. :) Not every word, but something like this,

"I looooove ....loooord, I loooooove lorrrrrrrrd. Seeeeee, uuuuuuu, hmmmmmm, king, Love you , looooooooove, lorrrrrrrd".

OMG! Are you kidding me????? And to top it off, when I stop singing to think in awe of how adorable and smart he is, he says, "mommy, do Lord", which meant mommy, sing that song again. Geez. Heart melted. Love him.

1 comment:

The Toohigs said...

awh, tears!!!! such a beautiful moment with your sweet baby!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers