Monday, September 28, 2009

Stamps are not stickers..or are they?

This morning I felt very positive about completing some bills: getting the checks written, envelopes sealed, stamps placed, etc. I was a little too late when Elem called my name to come get him out of his bed. So I simply placed the envelopes, my checkbook, and the book of stamps on the coffee table so I could finish them while Elem was still kind of waking up on the couch with me. Elem and I were all comfy and cozy just having a morning conversation, when I left to run to the potty for 2 quick seconds. I came back to find a lovely check covered in 42 cent stamps (is that what they are worth these days?) I had to catch myself before I yelled at Elem from behind the couch to stop! I immediately grabbed the checkbook and confused Elem, but explained to him that stamps are NOT stickers. However, in the middle of my sentence, I realized that in no way was I making sense to a 2 year old, who was clearly looking at the miniature square objects with the sticky back. I was fighting a losing battle, and giggling in my head, I just stopped while I was ahead. Stamps ARE stickers, just very expensive ones! I tried to save what I could, but oh well, serves me right for leaving some pretty new "bell stickers" out right at a toddlers hand level. I will not make that mistake again!

Smart little dude. Thank you for teaching me something new every single day!


*note to self-continue setting up online banking and bill pay. I think it is about that time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have been having the same conversation about stamps! Of course they are stickers! How confusing to a little kid!

mom said...

You will like online paying A LOT better. You just have to make sure of your dates that things are withdrawn and the balance in the bank.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers