Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mommy Out. Daddy In.

As we speak, Elem and Seth are taking a bubble bath in the big bath tub. After they just got finished playing fire trucks in our bedroom on the floor and shutting the doors to let me know I was not welcome. After they took off their shirts and I was informed by my 2 year old that I didnt have strong muscles so I couldnt do that. And after they finished up a quick game of football, where they run and tackle each other in the middle of the living room. Yet another thing I am not welcome to participate in tonight.

Taking baths with Elem was SO my thing. And so was playing with the fire trucks, and police cars, and even the choo choo trains for that matter. And most definitely anything in the clothes department-putting on, taking off, or buying for that matter! And I am so welcome in sports-sheesh, talk about a double standard! Girls can play too. Let mommy in boys!

You love me little man-You know you do! :) I can see it in your face! hehe.



This can not be happening at such an early age. Elem is not quite 2 and 1/2 and I am already getting the boot. No, no, and no. I have got to hang on to a few things that can be mommy/Elem special time. I have my thinking cap on, and I still have high hopes for story time later tonight. Story time is some of the best 30 minutes of my day-so that one can make up for all the other ones I am obviously too "girly" to participate in.

1 comment:

The Toohigs said...

go get your baby boy, mama! story time is going to be amazing tonight as always!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers