Saturday, October 17, 2009

Always time for Play House Disney

We have been pretty sickly around our house these days, hence the lack of blogs! But I am back and ready to get on it. We have had such a busy fall already....just seems to be something every weekend, and every day of the weekend for that matter, and we are taking full advantage of cramming it all in. A few weekends ago, Ali and Dustin took Elem and Cecilia to see Play House Disney here in Little rock at the Altel Arena. I need to get in the circle of knowing when fun stuff like this is going on, because by the time Ali told me about it, it was way to late to go looking for a ticket!!! Or one that cost reasonable anyways. I seem to be so insanely busy during the week that not only do I not have time to answer phone calls from my own husband, but I don't take time to look ahead for fun family friendly activities that are taking place right around the corner. So, I am going to seriously try to find more fun and cheap events to take our little man too! I actually wasn't even sure if he would really appreciate the show or understand it, because he doesn't watch any of those cartoons. And only knows who some of the characters are from a few books that we read. So I just sent him on his way hoping he would enjoy his first little musical performance. :)

And from what I hear...Play House Disney did not disappoint!


Here are the two happy campers on the way to the show! Elem had no idea what he was going to see! Haha. I just kept telling him Sissy had a surprise and she was taking him to see some super fun show with dancing and singing! They seem all grins from this photo that Ali snapped before they made it to the show.


So before the show the of course had to pose in front of the fabulous Disney props. :) Look at those 2 cuties! Best friends forever, for sure! Oh and might I add Elem wore a special robot shirt that was supposed to light up in the dark. :) hehe I thought it would make the show even more fun! ha!


And what is a show without cotton candy! Uhm, you have got to have it!! As you can tell Elem made out with a fance new hard hat, just like Handy Manny, who he seemed very impressed with when he made it home. He was actually referring to the show as the "Hindy Mindy" show that Ali and Dustin took him to see. Hahaha. Doesn't get much better than this from what I can tell. New duds and sugar= Happy :)


Super zoned. And loving every second of it! I don't think the large animated figures dancing on stage quite scared my child like I thought they would! They both seem quite calm actually.


Aww....and 2 very hyped up and satisfied little toddlers after the show.


They had SO much fun...and Elem has not stopped talking about it yet! He came in the door wearing his new "Hindy Mindy" yellow hard hat, and told us all about Tiger and Pooh, and Mickey Mouse, etc. The Whole Gang I believe they like to be called! Thank you so much to Ali and Dustin taking the kids to enjoy such a fun event! I am so glad Elem did not miss out. To make it even better, the Saturday after Play House Disney, we turned on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, or whatever it is called, and Elem was super confused!! He started grinning from ear to ear, and said, "I saw them with Dustin. Me and Sissy watched them the oder day". It was so sweet. He totally was putting 2 and 2 together and actually remembered those characters. It is so amazing that while sitting in the stands, lights out, large people in costumes dancing and singing, he was totally soaking up every single piece of it. The colors, the musicality of the whole thing, the names, so sweet to see something we think of as a fun event or show to take your kids, and then to hear about it and imagine it through their eyes.

1 comment:

becky said...

Looks like fun! Can't wait to see ya'll on Thanksgiving:)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers