Monday, November 30, 2009

Dear God-


I try to keep Elem in somewhat of a routine when getting ready for bed, and even though bedtime hasn't been the easiest for us over the past few months, it is getting a little bit smoother. Yes, we have Elem take a bath, yes we turn down some lights, yes I read books, and yes, I have even tried crawling into the crib with him. (hey you gotta do what you gotta do) But nothing seems to satisfy my little man more than laying right smack dab on top of his mommy on the long side of the couch, snuggled up under the covers, blanket in hand, cup nearby, and a HUGE grin across his face. I can not fight it that I LOVE spending that time with Elem, and as much as I try to deny it, it is one of my most favorite parts of the day. It makes me feel like he is still my little baby, even though stretched out on top of me he takes up over half of my body. But, what is even more special is listening to him when he says his prayers. He doesnt totally "get" the whole reason that we pray, and sadly he associates it more with giving thanks for food thank anything else. And no matter his beliefs, I just want to make sure that I did try to instill that overall belief of a higher power, and appreciation for all things good in that little brain of his. Tonight his prayer went like this-

Mommy: Dear God
Elem: Dear God

Mommy: Thank you for our friends
Elem: Thank you for our friends

Elem: Thank you for my nose
Mommy: Yes Thank you for our noses

Elem: Thank you for our food
Mommy: Yes Thank you for our food

Elem: Thank you for my Lunchables
Mommy: hehehe yes thank you so much for our lunchables

It was all I could do to hold it in, but I did manage to tough it out for a few more minutes. I am just glad to know what is on Elem's mind before he goes to bed, and tonight, he is just thankful for the Lunchables that I bought for him earlier today at the grocery store. I guess I would be a good mommy to make sure he gets to eat one tomorrow night for dinner. Too sweet.

3 comments:

becky said...

So sweet!

aWare said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers