Monday, November 2, 2009

Thought of the day

Not much time to blog lately but I plan on making it a monumental weekend and totally racking up on the documenting! For now, a little bit of what has been monopolizing my days. Mostly just sweetness and messiness all rolled into one.

I wanted to leave you with the following conversation:

Elem: I wanna lay on your bed mommy

Mommy: Okay comon up here, you can lay with me

Elem: Owww..you hurtin me

Mommy: No I'm not, what is hurting you?

Elem: YOU are. Your ow-ie things are hurtin me (pointing to mommy's legs)

Mommy: hahahahahahaha

Elem: You ARE. Get those ow-ie things off of your legs

Mommy: hahahaha. okay I will shave my legs tomorrow and those ow-ie things will be gone

NEXT DAY....

(ELem rubbing my legs)
Elem: mommy did you get those ow-ie things off your legs so they wont hurt me no more?

Mommy: Yes Elem, I shaved my legs. They feel better?

Elem: Yep! They not hurtin me no more!



Ahhh. Those are the conversations that I seem to live for these days. Just when you are thankful that your husband will let you get by with not shavin' for a day or 2, your little boy needs to step right up and make it known, that it is so not okay with him. Hehe. So sweet. I love the innocence and the sheer interest in really trying to understand something that is just a little bit over their head and not really in the near future of something we have planned to explain. But I guess that is when the best mini lessons are taught. When you least expect it, they are soaking up every single little bit of info we are pumping into them. At least now my child knows that I shave my legs. He is just that much smarter! ha!

3 comments:

becky said...

I do remember you having extremely sharp leg hair!!

Khim said...

That is tooo funny!! Those are fantastic pictures of Elem.

mom said...

I love the black and whites. On the leg hair thing, if you let them grow long enough, they are not a problem anymore. Tee hee!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers