Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Looking back on October

There were just so many things going on in October and so many really fun things that I wanted to take a look back! I literally can not believe that Thanksgiving is this month and Christmas is next month! I don't feel like we should be going shopping for a Christmas Tree to chop down, just yet! Looking back October was so full of events! And I mean jam packed. Here are a few I didn't get a chance to blog on as I think back:

Pajama party with Cecilia (a pizza baking pajama party at that! Cecilia came over for a night of baking their very own mini pizzas, chocolate cookies, and a nice bubble bath! Here the kids are patiently waiting right beside the oven for their cookies to be done. I love pajamas on kids-always so cute.


Mommy and Daddy date night-one of very few I might add, so this one HAS to go down in the record books! Seth and I were lucky enough to catch one of our long time favorite musicians here in Little Rock at the Rev Room, the one and only Mr. Bob Schneider! Man going out just isn't what it used to be is it!! It takes me a couple of red bull drinks just to stay up! But the music was awesome and we staid right on the front row where we always do. Hehe. We had so much fun.


Major vehicle obsessions-both on and off road vehicles at that! Elem continues his love for 4 wheelers, motorcycles, scooters, trucks, etc. and tends to be on at least one of the ones in this picture every few minutes or so. Nice to now that while these riding toys are nicely lined up for some kind of experiment here in the kitchen at the current moment, usually they are nicely spread about my living room. I don't think I will ever have my nice clean house back. Ahhh one day, one day.


Plenty of pumpkin action! Carving was so much fun! Elem was more than stoked about his butter knife.


The end result, one happy/classic pumpkin that took like an hour! And one kitty cat pumpkin that Elem Zane just HAD to have, that as you can see in the pic was not carved just yet! But yes it did get carved and took more time than I care to document. Seeing his face when I dropped the candle in...made it all worth the long amount of time spent to get that little kitty face looking good.


Elem also enjoyed lots of pumpkin painting both at home and at school. I believe he painted a total of 5 pumpkins but I am not even sure if that was all of them! Painting pumpkins caused for some real focus and creativity. Elem has always used his tongue or wiggled it or stuck it out when he is seriously trying to concentrate on something and he doesnt even realize that he is doing it! I was so pumped to catch him in the act, just working away on his little pumpkin to set outside for all the trick or treaters.


Wagon rides at the pumpkin patch were one of our toddler favorite activities!


As were the pig races, the petting zoo, hay ride, hay stack play area, and pumpkins galore! The pumpkin patch was more fun for all of us than I had anticipated. We headed to Molly's and it was so much more than just a big field of pumpkins. We will totally be hitting that place up again next year.


And last but not least, lots and lots of dressing up. :) Dress up has slowly but surely entered its way into our small little household. And I must say it always brings a smile to my face! From batman costumes, to mine or seth's shoes, to baseball hats, or purses, or back packs, etc! There is just never a such thing as too much dress up. Elem is really coming into his own and is starting to use his imagination more and more. Its so much fun to see him having fun in his own little world, and I hope I can capture just a few pieces of it along the way.


Wow so yes October is gone and we are already on our way through November! My little boy officially turns 2 and 1/2 on the 7th and we are having a family photo shoot on that very day to capture this very special time in our lives! I cant believe that my once chunky and waddling little baby is not about to be...what I guess I should call ....a preschooler (GULP). I think I need a good cuddle to get me back in the right mind frame! No tears, no tears, no tears.

2 comments:

becky said...

The last pic of Elem looks just like you!!!

Mindy said...

Wahoo! Why thank you. Thats a first. :) And we all know it. But Ill take those kind of compliments any time I can get em.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers