Sunday, February 21, 2010

DVD Care is a must

We don't really let Elem watch too much tv around the house other than your typical Backyardagains or Chuggington episode in the morning. I just feel like there is soooo much time to watch television in the coming years, that the least I can do is keep him sheltered with toddler/preschool only shows-you know with the emphasis being on helping one another, imagination, and music! However, lately we have tried a couple of movies just to see what the attention span is, and it is still not movie ready I don't believe. haha. The first movie we tried out was Happy Feet, and after MANY attempts, we finished the entire movie, and he DOES love him some "penguinos", but still doesn't watch the entire movie all at once. I think that is asking way too much. Then we tried BOLT, because Cecilia has it at her house, and when I asked him what movie he would like to watch for movie night, of course he said BOLT. Again not a huge success, but now he does know the name BOLT. Lastly, and most recently, I tried the Disney movie CARS because I thought it would be pretty action filled, and keep him interested. Sadly again, no such luck on a one time sit down attempt to watch the movie. Which I am actually really happy about-I don't really think toddlers and preschoolers should be sitting around watching movies all day long! But yes that is the teacher in me kicking in! In between these attempts, I believe my love for TWILIGHT has seemed to creep through to my little man, because he is frequently asking to watch "Bella and Edward" way more than any other movie attempt I had made! But I wont go into detail because Seth is not a supporter. Hehe. Now, back to my original point-this afternoon Elem was going to get a DVD out of his DVD player in the playroom, so he casually walked in, pressed the on button, then the eject button, took the DVD out of the rack, and then walked into the living room looking for me. As he was calling me, I watched as he licked the dvd on the silver side, and then used his t-shirt to gently wipe it clean. All I could do was burst out laughing, because that is exactly what I do in hopes of getting a little bit more use out of a skipping DVD or CD. I never even knew he had seen me do that! What a little learner he is.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers