Saturday, February 20, 2010

My little Valentine

Valentines Day this year was more than perfect! First of all, we had this little fellow to make it super worth heading to school in anticipation for the big V-Day party-which included lots of food, sweets, and dance contests and games, as well as a major cool boy V-day shirt I was able to find, courtesy of Old Navy for $2.50:) A good buy always makes me happy, and how could I not be when looking at this???


We started off partying on Friday at school like I mentioned, and then continued on through Sunday. We have a major problem in our family of wanting to give and receive holiday gifts, or gifts of any kind, a little early! Its almost like we can't contain ourselves and just want to hurry up and give it to the intended recipient, or get something we know we have waiting for us. This year was no different. On Saturday afternoon, I was bubbling over to give Elem and Seth their little V-Day gifts, and so the gift exchanging began, just a few hours shy of the actual holiday. Oh well, its the thought that counts right? Not when you actually open it. Elem of course got to open up lots of little things-but I can not find the pictures on my computer for some reason. The theme of his Valentines Day stash consisted of all things bed-time! He has been BEGGING for some house shoes, and pleading to wear Cecilia's hot pink and purple dotted ones that are about 2 sizes to small every chance he got, so I figured what a better gift! I found the cutest pair of Penguin slippers, and another boot looking pair of red soft ones that he could run in. Which I knew was his overall goal in wanting slippers. He thinks they make him run fast! I couldn't argue with that, so when I saw his insane excitement for the not so cute red ones versus the crazy cool and cute penguin ones, I didn't let it hurt my feelings. hehe. Then of course he got PJs and all that good stuff. I had been planning Seth's gift for a while, and got him some awesome cooking knives since he is my personal chef. To top off all the gift exchanges, Elem came wandering into the living room with my engagement ring, with a new diamond in one of the side diamond slots that had fallen out a while ago, on his little bitty thumb. :) Aww steal my heart. Thank you baby, and thank you Elem for making it such a special Valentines Day this year! The next day, on the actual V-Day, Seth and I actually had a mini date and had brunch at the Clinton Library-Cafe 42, just the 2 of us. In case you know us at all, that NEVER happens. So it was all the more special. :) I love my little family. Great V-day-just wish I had more pics to savor the moments!

2 comments:

mom said...

You are a lucky girl! It was so sweet of Seth to do that.

I miss you guys. It has been so long since I've seen you.

Kylie Williams said...

dude. that pic of elem at the bottom of this post is great.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers