Sunday, February 28, 2010

A look back at February

Better late than never! Looking back on February, the month was filled with lots of love around our house. :)Lots and lots of it, and lucky for us, everybody got in on it, since Elem was the one to be passing it all around. Well, "love" with a side of kicking and screaming, but we will focus on the love part as we take a look back. Just looking at some pics from the past month, make me smile from ear to ear. Here are a few things and people I didn't want to forget were major impacts this month!

I introduce to you-the handy manny ball. Per Elem that is. This ball gets more action than any other toy in our house, and its not even really a handy manny ball-its really bob the builder, but since the dude has a hard hat on it, and Elem has never heard of bob the builder, he swears it is the handy manny ball. So we will go with that. This ball is his favorite soccer ball, basketball, "slap" or volley ball, kickball, dodgeball, tennis ball, as well as any other game you could imagine he could play with it. It makes frequent trips to the front and backyards, and even to the park. Elem seriously does not go a day without playing with this little faithful fellow! Which means neither do seth and I :) We have each received many pelts with the handy manny ball, but at least its consistent and we know whats coming! ha! Here is Elem at Mills Park at the basketball court, never straying to far from his good ole friend.


I am so happy to say that Sage was a major benefactor in the love department this past month as well. She LOVES to play with her toys and Elem loves to throw them for her, so that has worked out well. She loves to be outside, and so does Elem, so that makes it even better. And she loves to get in on any food scraps she can when Elem is around, because Seth and I dont offer up too much more than some regular ole dog food and a dingo bone! Luckily, Elem is a picky eater and likes to keep his food low enough where she seems to reap a lot of benefits. hehe. And for some reason she is even loving his big boy bed (which I will post on next) and has been caught sleeping in there with Elem-shocker! I am so happy they get along most of the time, its nice to have a sweet little give and take relationship with the young hyper child and the old hyper dog. Makes for quite the evenings. If I remember correctly he was asking Sage if she wanted to get up on his swing set with him, but answered for her and said, since she cant talk, he would say NO for her. Hahahaha.


Ahhh, baby Sadie. Where to start with Baby Sadie. Elem goes to school with a baby Sadie that looks exactly like every single white newborn baby doll in America. Does that make it pretty clear? And he has ONE particular baby at home and ONE particular baby at school that he "knows" as Baby Sadie. And my, does he love those babies. He doesnt play with baby dolls all the time or even on a regular basis, but he does play with them-or her I should say, at random times, and it is like they never left off. he holds her, gets her a blanket, feeds her a bottle, etc. etc. It is quite the connection and I just love to see the little caregiver in him. So adorable!


Next up would be daddy lovin'. Elem has slowly but surley been developing this overwhelming love of the turntables-and music in general. He has always been a huge fan of music, but this month, the breakdancing and all out crazy night time moves he has been bustin out with, during a daddy set on the turn tables, is INSANE! This boy does not move. He knows how to turn the turn tables on, move the needle (which is not always good) and of course he likes to recommend some of his favorite tunes, which daddy is always able to find. It is too funny. Seeing our toddler, well almost preschooler, walk up to the turn tables like he knows what he is doing, and be more than happy to just watch his daddy and bust a moove. I cant even put into words how sweet it is.


Mommy and me time. I have been getting major face time looking back at the month of February! Although the weather has been crazy, a few snow days here and there and a few beautiful summer like days there, Elem and I have been attached at the hip. And I mean that literally, we wake up together, get ready together, go to school together, hang out all day together, eat together, which menas we eat picky foods together, and then lay on the couch together until we both fall asleep. Oh and did I mention I usually get a friendly greeting in my bed around 3:30am or so? Sometimes it is in the form of a whisper, sometimes it is in the form of a tap tap tap, and sometimes it is in the form of crying. Anyway you pick it, I am greeted, and then shoved over and forced to squish myself into the tiniest amount of room possible for the rest of the night's sleep. Ahh, although it is making me a tad bit sleep deprived, I still love spending time with Elem. Nothing is better when he says, "Hey mom, you know what? I love you." :) Melts my heart every time. Although I need to make the seperation from my nite time pal, I guess it is just a little hard for me to let my baby go. He is getting bigger and bigger by the second, and his legs have literally shot up, right before my eyes! I can barely see the baby in him anymore. Still love moments like these though-just relaxing with my little man, enjoying the weather and a nice swing.


I can't escape this one. One thing I am so not proud of. How has my love for Diet Coke, somehow made its way into the heart of my little 2 year old???? No we do not give him full cokes or anything, although you could be fooled by the picture below :) haha, and he usually only takes about 2 sips, but still, I have got to make some changes with my drinking habits around him I guess! He knows how much love I have for the ole diet coke, I guess it just cant be skipped. He showed some major love to "DC" during the last month, and you better bet momma is watching out, and listening for those pitter patter of foot steps when he creeps into the fridge to try and tell me he "needs" one. hehehe. Lots of love lately, lots of love.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers