Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"E's" galore!

Da, da, da, daaaaaaaa-


Elem has been working on writing his name for as long as I can remember. I know I start him out way to early on a lot of activities, but I just feel like I should introduce him to things any chance we get and if he picks it up, he does, if he does, then oh well. At least I tried, and the next time he hears it or sees it, it wont be the first! Elem has been spelling his name since before he was 2 and 1/2-that was one of those I grilled into his head, and he repeats on command as if to shun me. Bad momma. But on a flip side, he has also been writing his name for about 2 months now, pretty well! I need to snap a pic but just keep forgetting to. However, if you take a look around my house, you might see that the letter E is very important and many things can make the letter E in many different situations! , In regular conversation or just walking around, Elem will spot words with E's or get excited about a word because it has an E in it just like his name. It is as if he feels a connection with all things E. And I love it! It is hard to get ready in the morning and not stop to take pictures and have super special early morning conversations when genius work like the stuff below is going on. hehe. Gotta make sure he knows I am proud of it, and for goodness sake he sure knows if it is picture worthy then he did good! And this is totally picture worthy. Elem took some items from his bookbag, that I had gotten out for him to practice writing his name, and decided to get a little more creative with it.


I love watching Elem learn and strategize, while making different choices. It is amazing to see the little toddler mind at work and beyond all amazement to see what can be learned in just a few hours. Or what can be demonstrated in just a few split seconds, things that show they really are a sponge just soaking up every single thing you can throw at them. Of course we worked with Elem on spelling his name and recognizing his letters of his name, because his name is special and it is a representation of him! And he should be proud of those Es out there in the world, :)Note to self going forward- Best thing we did to introduce the name and letters to Elem was to cut out a medium size rectangle with his name on it in standard print, laminate it, and put it on the refrigerator at home, right at his eye level. We didn't even discuss it too much, but just to spell his name out when we walked past. But it made him VERY familiar with what his name looked like, the letters of his name, and just because something he saw hundreds of times a day rather than once a day at circle time. You should try it!

1 comment:

Eric and Katherine Brown said...

Oh my goodness! Ella loves her "E" as well, and notices anything that has the letter E in it! You can never start too young!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers