Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt "Egg"stravaganzaaaaaa



We spent plenty of time coloring Easter Eggs and hunting for Easter Eggs with our very hyper and excited toddler this year, although coloring was a little overrated for toddlers. Note to self-toddlers do not really get to do too much with the eggs, and it is almost too much prep time and excitement when all they get to do is drop the egg into the colored water and just look at it for way to long. I will not be doing that again, until he is a little bit older. Or at the very least with my next child at about age 4! Nothing exciting about watching the eggs boil, or much less watching them sit in the colored water while mommy tells you not to touch it! hehe :)

After coloring the eggs though, and after seeing all the goodies that the Easter Bunny left for Elem Zane, we headed to church for a great Sunday morning service. I was so excited about the service because the preacher for our church was back from a month and a half long leave, but knew that Elem was not going to make it through the whole thing. However, by the grace of God he fell asleep within the first 3 songs, and remained asleep the ENTIRE service, so that Seth and I could enjoy the message. After church we headed over to Grammy and Poppas, ate some good food, and had a mini Easter Egg Hunt of our own! The Shelby families (Seth's extended families) are all very close, but they are all getting a little bit too big to accommodate everyone and their individual families for every single holiday! So we decided to keep it small since my family is kind of spread around. At Grammy and Poppas we met Cecilia, Ali, and Dustin, and that was just about it! After a nice lunch we headed out for the great Easter Egg Hunt-which we forgot to count the Easter Eggs-but other than that it was a success! Elem was not messing around this year people-he was serious about finding those eggs and whatever prizes they might have in store for him! There were some serious Elbows gong and words exchanged if Cecilia dare to get in his line of fire when heading to a specific egg. Hey-don't mess with a toddler on an Easter Egg Hunt. It could get ugly! This was his second official egg hunt of the year, since he had one a couple of days before at school, and so he had pretty much "gotten" the idea and figured out that he LOVED having a lot of eggs. And he LOVED sitting down afterwards to see what was inside.

And they're off!


When I say, Elem broke out into an all out sprint, I wasn't joking! Look at him go. There was no playing around here.


Ahhhhhhh-happy with his prize from all the hard work. Looks like it paid off! hehe.


I am pretty much outnumbered these days by people who really do not care about pictures anymore. I seem to be THE only one who wants to get a picture of the family, gets pics of Elem doing stuff on holidays, etc. I am not sure what is up with that. I guess it could be because I never put the camera down, but hey, its a hobby-nothing wrong with that! Even Elem has started to give me the snub when I grab him for a photo opp. Humph! Seriously, this is the best he could give me?


Thank you my sweet sweet niece who will sit in my lap and give me a smile. :) You know how to make Aunt Mindy have a happy easter, even if everyone else left me sitting there amongst all the eggs. What a good girl! With a massive basket of Easter Eggs I might add.


Yes Easter was fun, and Elem really loved that the Easter Bunny came for a visit. In regards to the ole eggs, I noticed when he was sprinting across the lawn that he totally skipped right over the eggs that we colored and wouldnt even pick them up to put them in his basket! Seriously! He was only stopping for the ones that had something in them. So, we will not be hiding the "real" eggs next year! They were kind of a pain anyways, and I believe a few people/kids stepped on them when they were out for the hunt of the eggs with the good stuff hidden inside. Overall-Easter Eggs=lost of Easter fun!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Mindy...you look great! I lover your hair and outfit! You are one hot mama!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers