Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thank you Easter Bunny!

This Easter was only the "2nd" holiday (next to Christmas) where Elem was really aware what exactly what was going on, and where he really understood the whole concept of the Easter Bunny. We took the time to tell him that it was of course about Jesus and a day to celebrate his "rebirth" if you will, but we of course made sure to give the Easter Bunny his credit and made the day a great day of fun and imagination! I was really proud of Elem and his understanding when I talked to him for the month of March about the Easter Holiday coming up. He really seemed to understand that it was about Jesus and us being thankful that Jesus rose from the dead. Although I did not make it ever so blunt for him. It was more of a celebration of Jesus, and a celebration of events that make the Easter Holiday special for us. It was soo much fun, from school events all the way to Easter Sunday, and everything seemed to work out smooth and perfect. Easter Sunday was amazing, Elem woke up about regular-around 7:30pm :) and was more than excited and ready to get himself and his wild bed head out to see if the Easter Bunny had left him a special surprise basket full of goodies! Here is the morning as it played out. This is the sweetest Thank You I have heard in a long time! Thank YOU Easter Bunny!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, that is too cute! I love that he says, "Let me go get him."

mom said...

How cute is that? That raspy little voice!!! I believe!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers