Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy 30th Birthday to me!

I finally hit the big 3-0 this year. Yes I have to admit that turing 30 was actually kind of a sad time for me. I love love love being able to say that I am 20 something. I dont even care what follows the 20 just as long as I get to say it. I loved my 20s. I mean I loved just about every single thing about them. In the beginning of my 20s I was in college and made some of the very best friends I could ever imagine! I started branching out as a person and in my job skills etc. In the middle, I made a huge transition and moved to Little Rock for good, which is a giant step in my life, because I really do feel like we will be settled here for a while. And then of course in my mid-late 20s I was pregnant, and had Elem. I got married, and bought our house, and found an amazing job that challenged me in ways I could never begin to imagine. And lastly I found myself back in the school journey, on the road to becoming a nurse. So needless to say, the 20s have done me well, and it is hard for me to kiss them goodbye! I always thought of myself as never caring about age, or when people hit those milestones in their ages, but now I really feel what they are saying! So for my 30th birthday I really didnt want to have a huge bash, just because I wasnt all too ready to embrace the whole next decade of my life, AND I kind of let it slip up on me with work and school and didnt too much spend time focusing on it. I spent the day of course with a mini party with the family here in Bryant, after work we had some much loved cake and ice creme and of course let the kiddos help me blow out the candles.



On Friday night, Seth and I headed out for Happy Hour with some of our friends and then onto the Peabody for some music! I must say, I cant hang like I used to. haha. I think by about 11pm I was pretty much ready to go. Just because I didnt want to feel bad the next day when I was trying to hang out with Elem and relax! I guess that is one indicator that my priorities are shifting huh? Not that I dont love hanging out with my friends-but I like hanging out earlier in the evening, rather than trying to stay out late and just pay for it the next day. haha. Here are a couple of pics from my 30th birthday!


Me, Erin, Steph, and Kristi-How could my birthday be right without my Flying Saucer girls! I love them so. :)


Seth and I-He loves me so-and loves to tell me that I am older than him. ....except I am only 1 month and 1 day older than him, but he never includes that part.


Seth, me, and Troy listening to some good music at the Peabody


Me, Mandi, Karla, Megan

So, 30s I must embrace you now that I have had a second to take it all in. If only my 30s can be a wonderful as my 20s, I would be a happy woman. Happy 30th Birthday to me!

3 comments:

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

Happy birthday again! Love y'all! :)

Khim said...

Happy Birthday! You're are just as beautiful (if not more)inside and out as when I first met you!

Brittney said...

I am sure your 30's will be just as amazing. But let me know...I am dreading the big 30 myself!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers