Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A lawn mower

I love walking outside, on my way to take out the trash, and on the way noticing just a few things that make me smile. A few things that just a few years ago would not have been there, that I had any idea would make me smile from ear to ear at midnight-literally when I was just on my way to get rid of some garbage before I headed off to bed. As I look around at my freshly cut yard (courtesy of my super amazing hubby) I see the "handy manny" ball in the flower bed bushes, reminding me of a few good kicks Elem and I had right before we headed in the house for dinner, but that never seemed to make it through the entry way. I see the football in the yard and garage door still open with bikes out and motorized jeep all "parked" in their correct spot for the not-none of which allow for the garage door to be closed on this particular night because of certain pieces sticking out beyond the sensor. And the preschool size lawn mower parked nicely beside the garbage can where I am disposing of my goods. Oddly enough I find all of this stuff scattered around my yard at this time of evening-stars out and shining brightly in the sky-to be very serene. All is calm, I am the only one up, yet all of the little bits and pieces of the hard days work are still out and about but in a not so hectic way. Sometimes it feels good to take a look at what is "happening" around you, when it is not actually "happening" so you can enjoy the moments for what they are. Thank you Mr. Lawn Mower for being there and allowing me to take a moment for the sweetness it is.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers