Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer time on the lake-with the Suitors

We are so lucky to have a few family members with a boat-Ali and Dustin, and then Becky and Vincent. So it makes our summer so much better when we get invited for lake trips to help cool off in this Arkansas Heat! I have several lake trips to post on so I thought I would jot them down based on who we actually went to the lake with-thinking that might keep the flow a little more memorable-for me when I am old and gray and cant remember what in the world I am looking at :).

Rule #1: Safety First. But look good all at the same time ;)


When we go out on the boat, we are super lucky that our kids actually just enjoy riding around. Of course we love to pull over and swim in the coves, ride the tube, and of course eat-all along the way. But crusin' around listening to good music, and checking out all the other boats on the water is a favorite of our family! In addition to the, Elem LOVES driving the boat. Here he is with uncle Dustin-and if you ask him how old he has to be to drive the boat (or car for that matter) alone--he will tell you 16. This boy means business when it comes to operating a motor vehicle!


Nothin like soaking up the sun with your BFF, right?


I thought it was too cute that we were sitting in the back of the boat, riding around, and Elem and Cecilia seriously gave me the boot off the back seat so they could lay together and snuggle as close as physically possible. At the time, I was a little unhappy about the boot, but as soon as I saw their little giggle faces, it seriously just melted my my heart. How cute is this?


We would spend every single minute at the lake if we could.!!! I believe when I finish nursing school and we are rich and can take lots of vacations, this will be one purchase in our near future! Thanks Ali and Dustin for boat time this summer, we have had so much fun! Check out this video of Elem and Dustin on the tube. It is a little bit fuzzy, so you will have to forgive me, but please take note that Elem remained uber cool the entire time with his fabulous sunglasses on. hahaha. So funny to me. Enjoy!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers