Thursday, July 8, 2010

Welcome Baby Nate

On July 7th, we were so happy to welcome Baby Nate Reed Suitor to the family!


Yes, this is a new nephew to add to the mix, making Cecilia a big sister! And the rest of the family head over heels for this new sweet little precious and amazing baby boy. Although he had a bit of a rough time during his first few days-he is healthy and happy and has already stolen all of our hearts. Especially this little boy right here....Elem is already in love :)


Well I know mine for sure-I love little boys-yes yes I do! Nate is so special to me because I Ali was happy to invite me to be in the room for the birth! I was so upset because when Cecilia was born, I spent time at the hospital, but had to return to work, and ended up getting back too late and missed the whole thing! So I was not about to let Nate come into this world without being their to see it! And I can not tell you how awesome it was. My sister in law is amazing and she looked like an old pro with the whole birth thing! I can tell you that I was so proud of her, but I can not tell you that I am jealous of never having to have a chance to do that. I will be welcoming all my future babies with a big happy smile and a nice c-section :) Whew!

July 7th, 2010-Nate was born at 2:23pm, weighed 7lbs and 5oz, and was 19 inches long. And was the spitting image of his daddy the second he came into this world! Here is is getting checked out and shown off by the nurses just a few seconds after he was born. It was at this moment, I could tell he was looking exactly like Dustin!!


Bless his little heart, he was having so much trouble trying to breath, and just couldnt get it going. So he ended up in the NICU for a little over a week and had to get the works-NG tube, feeding tube, umbilical caths-the whole nine yards. But with a little time, he was able to nurse back to health and is healthy and happy at home with big sis Cecilia and a very happy and proud mom and dad-Ali and Dustin!


Here is the little family of 4 getting some much needing lovin in the NICU.


I could do this all day. I love baby time. Love love love it.


We are all so happy Nate is healthy and home to play with and snuggle with and soak up all the love that we each have to give him. He is a perfect little fit and already seems like such a chilled little man. hehe. I wish I could explain how much Elem loves Nate already! He loves to hold him and rock him, and honestly he just sits and smiles and stares at him with the most genuine and sincere sweet look on his face. He loves to pat him and put his paci in and whenever Nate cries or seems to be upset, Elem seems to come running with this little concerned look on his face, and usually checks to see that Nate has his paci. I can not wait for Elem to be a big brother-but not any time soon. Once I finish Nursing School, he can have a sibling. Until then, he is going to have to give all his baby love to baby Nate.

4 comments:

becky said...

Cute post!!! Tell Allie congratulations. Also love the lake post and glad you have gotten to spend time at the lake as well:)

mom said...

Nate is so sweet. It seems like just a minute ago Elem was that size. He is beautiful! (I mean that in a good way Dustin!)

Khim said...

Uhmm... Mindy I think it's time for another one you look so at home with two little guys ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers