Sunday, October 24, 2010

Arkansas State Fair 2010



Of course we made the trip to the State Fair this month, and we could not have been more excited to go! Each year we continue on with our little tradition of hitting up the state fair, eating lots of food-one of which of course involves eating a massive corn dog, playing some much loved and overpriced games, checking out and petting some god ole southern farm animals, and then eating some more food-usually a funnel cake to bring the night to an end. And that is just what we did.

This year we made a couple of trips and little did we know that Elem would take full advantage of a wrist ban, that would pay for its self in just about 5 rides! Were we happy that we got that thing, uhm yes! For sure. Ali, Dustin, Cecilia, ad Nate, along with a couple of friends headed out to the fair together. This was the most fun the fair as ever been for me! I love that this is a little tradition that our family does, and I know that we will continue to keep it going.

We saw the BEST monkey show ever. Elem loved it. And quite frankly so did I. I have always been a monkey lover! What can I say!


Seriously Elem rode so many rides. I have my fears of letting him do dangerous stuff, but I do try my best to be understanding and let him be his own person and make his own decisions. That is what makes us ...us! Not to mention that he is usually pretty timid and not super into trying things that might be a little scary, this trip to the fair was very good for him. He loved these swings-and every single ride he got his hands on.


We stayed up a little late, had lots of fun, and on the way out Elem was literally falling asleep on the way to the car. Unfortunately we experienced his first "overload" of junk and rides and we had to pull over and let him throw up on the side of the rode. The car ride was too much for him mixed in with all the corn dogs, sprite, and rides. I felt so bad for that!!!! But he said he felt a lot better and still talks about it all the time. Haha. Sorry Elem, but the fair was so much fun!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers