Sunday, October 24, 2010

From MOM to MOMMY


Let it be noted-that this week, there has been a slight shift/or name change rather and i LOVE it! I am not certain why or if there is even a reason for the sudden onset of Elem calling me a name from the old days if you will-but I don't even care, I could not be happier. This week Elem has started calling me MOMMY rather than MOM and it is so sweet. This is one of those things that all moms love and don't want to have to give up, right? Uhm, one of the first words-mommy, the one you wait for like a year to hear come out of your kids mouth, one that you think about hearing your child say the entire time you are pregnant -hoping that it will be his first word and the word that he loves to say the most. It melts you heart when you hear it, and it continues to melt your heart form the day he says it on. And when Elem started calling me Mom, I tried to accept it gracefully, but it just meant that he was growing up, and brought along with it just a little bit of sadness. I am sensitive I know. Anyhow, today Elem is calling me Mommy. All of the time. And even if it only lasts for today, it is a good trip down memory lane. And I want to enjoy hearing that sweet little voice calling my name. Hopefully it will stick!

1 comment:

becky said...

Wyatt calls me mom too!! I am hoping for the switch back to mommy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers