Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas with Memaw and Papaw

Christmas this year was intended to be a blast, and all the events leading up to the week of Christmas were just that! However, this holiday season, also brought with it lots of illness around our house, so even though we got to do just about everything we planned that was holiday centered, we did have to alter our schedules and interactions with family and what not, and keep that to a minimum. Elem came down with a stomach virus on the 23rd and 24th, and it was not pretty, that is all I will say about that. Then, I came down with it on the 25th-thats right, on Christmas day, and then I got it again, in triple form the following week and missed out on everything New Years related! It was the worst stomach virus I have had since I was a child and it took me out for 7 days before I could even eat anything. Needless to say, I was sent to my room, and spent the entire time on the bathroom floor or in bed, so I didnt get anyone else sick. Not fun. But all that being said, we still celebrated Christmas and Elem had a great time, even if he wasn't feeling 100%. My parents started off the holidays with an early visit so they could spend Christmas with our family, and then head to my sister and her family's house and celebrate with them also. We were so happy to have them come, and the plan was for them to stay a few days, but when Elem started throwing up on the 23rd, they decided to head out. I think I would have too. haha. :)

Here are a few pics from the trip.

Me and my dad getting ready to open up presents! Yay!


Elem and Memaw. Memaw loved her special serving dish Elem painted for her. It had his handprints on the front, and he even signed his name (very large I might add) on the back side. Best gift ever. I need one.

Elem and Papaw opening up some presents. I think Elem is concerned that he gave papaw some chocolate, and it must have been intended for him. haha.

Our family. By the tree. Elem is posing so nice, because he gets to open presents if he does so. bribery.

Elem and Memaw playing together. My mom is so good about just chilling and letting Elem play whatever he wants to. She will always jump in. Good grandma.

Here is Elem opening up his favorite present from Memaw and Papaw. I ALMOST didnt catch this. It is priceless!








We had a great time with my parents, and they hooked everybody up! Just like they always do. It was super low key, not stressful, and so much fun! We love you Memaw and Papaw. So glad you could spend Christmas with us.

3 comments:

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

Awww so sweet! I love when you put up new pics :)) Need to see y'all in person soon!

becky said...

Love the new posts! Wish we could have spent the holidays with ya'll
:(

mom said...

I love your family Christmas picture. Dad and I had a great time! We really enjoyed you guys, even tho we had to cut it short. Luckily we escaped the hurling.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers