Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Elem's School Christmas Party

How could you NOT love Elem's 3 year old class picture with Santa?? hahaha
(front row: Cecilia, Aubrey, Ethan, Quinlyn, Katelin, Sadie.)
(back row: Luke, Cayden, Elizabeth, Colt, Darryl, Hannah, Elem, Miss Tracie, Brooke)


I am what you could call-a little too involved in Elem's school. haha. But I wouldn't have it any other way! I in no way have time to be spending excess time, or trying to bring the perfect snack, or planning holiday parties, but I freaking LOVE it, and have to remind myself that I am doing it for ELEM and not for myself. Oh well, guilty pleasure what can I say. So since I did the entire Halloween party myself (his teacher did ask me to do it, I swear), I decided to only do one game/activity for the Christmas party. And let other parents do the rest. I really wanted to make sure I got to actually spend time with Elem and enjoy the party with him, rather than planning it and doing stuff to make sure all of the kids had fun. I only get to go to his 3 year old christmas party once, so I wanted him to remember if (if thats possible!) and have fun knowing that me and seth were a part of it! Ali and I decided to bring cookies for the kids and just bring tons of stuff for them to decorate with, and it turned out great! They had so much fun, and put more icing and chocolate chips, and candy than you could ever imagine! And the majority of them didnt even eat it-they just decorated it. haha. But it was fun!

In the hall for songs and prayer before the party got started. Please note Elem all up on me, and not letting me out of his site towards the right side of the class. Also note, no other parents in line-just his teacher. Immediately, Elem is all clingy.


Now its time to party! Elem and his friends in line for the candy cane relay race. So cute. Can't wait for his turn!


Me and Elem-in full Christmas party attire! Courtesy of Ms. Lindsay. The reindeer ears were a huge hit. I must say.


Elem taking his turn blindfolded at "pin the star on the tree". He did quite well, and loved every second of it. He loves games. Even if his turn only lasts for 5 seconds. hehe. So sweet. Grinning from ear to ear.


And then there was Santa. Elem was so happy to see Santa, and of course he asked him if he was the real one. :) I'm not even sure of what Santa's answer was. But Elem was so excited to sit in his lap.


I love this pic. Look how sweet Elem and his friends are. Those are some genuine little smiles. And serious tight hugs. Elem, Ethan, and Kaitlin.


Cookie decorating time! The kids loved decorating all their cookies, and piled on more than you or I could imagine. One kid kept putting tons of sprinkles on, but never put on any icing and was so confused why it wouldnt stay on. haha. It was so funny. Elem did his up right, and enjoyed his cookie! He had so much fun at his Christmas party, and I am so glad I didnt do much more than the one activity. I really got to enjoy it right along with him, but still made sure the party had something fun to do to make sure the kids all loved it. Haha. I am sure I can think of something fabulous for the upcoming Valentine's Day party....hmmmmmm.......

1 comment:

mom said...

You would make a great cruise ship director!
Isn't it fun?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers