Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy 10th Birthday Sage!

Looks pretty good for a "70" year old if you ask me! My "sweet sweet bo bo bear". ha! That is Sage's nickname that she has graciously accepted from Elem Zane, who takes every opportunity to call her that. One of our favorite things about Sage is her underbite, which includes a snaggle tooth-you can see it if you look really close its on the left side. ;)


Elem and Sage are the bet of friends, although the journey was not always smooth! It took her a bit to warm up to him and now, they are "bed buddies". Sage sleeps with Elem just about every night, eats her Dingo bones practically on top of him, and gets all the good scraps from his meal times, and plays fetch and tug of war with the best of them!


On January 20th we celebrated 10 years of Sage!My fetish with photos began with Sage. She was my subject, I guess you could say, and I always loved taking pictures of her and with her. (That was even before digital cameras were big. We are talking Kodak throw away cameras!) Sage has been the best dog, and a part of my family since before the days of Seth or Elem. Yes, in the beginning there have many days of chewing up my shoes, using the bathroom in the house, spending lots of money on grooming bills, etc. But she is a part of my family I could not imagine ever having gone without. In honor of the big 1-0, we decided to have a small family party, because Elem was super excited about celebrating it! We went to Petsmart, Elem shopped with his own shopping cart, and picked out Sage 2 new dog bowls, a couple of toys, and a good little variety of doggy cookies. :) He loves her so much and wants her to always choose him, sit by him, lick him, hug him, etc. It really is just too sweet. So Cecilia's family came over, and Grammy and Poppa, and their dog and we just had a little fun celebrating in Sage's honor. Not to mention that I made a bone shaped cake for her. I mean a party is nothing without a cake!

We love you Sage!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers