Saturday, January 8, 2011

Snow, snow, I love SNOW!



Believe it or not, when the snow starts to fall here in Arkansas, everything shuts down, and school is out quicker than you could believe! Although, I do love a good snow day just like everybody else, there comes a point when those of us who actually do have work to be done and school work to be learned, that you have to pray for the snow and ice to be on its way. But for the most part, we welcomed some much anticipated wintery snow and cold weather, taking full advantage for some sledding, playing, and fabulous snow ball fights!

What else to do first, but......EAT IT!!! Elem loved eating the snow-a little too much if you ask me, and every time I turned around I kept seeing this:


After a few bites of snow, and a little shoveling and kiddie play, we headed to some HUGE hills for sledding. I wasn't quite sure what Elem would think or if he would actually do it, but I was super pumped when he did! He is usually a little timid with things like roller coasters and things that go up high, so this one was going to be iffy. Family sledding time!


Back to eating the snow-Cecilia, you want some...its Y-U-M-M-Y!


So we kinda jumped right into the sledding and once Elem had one good first run, he was into it for the rest of the day. Once he got to the bottom of the hill he would just run back up, and hit the slopes again. So funny! I was shocked at how much fun he had and so happy he was a fan of the snow day sledding. Yeeeeaaaahhhhhhh-weeeeeeeeeeeee.


Per Elem, "I love that"


Fun in the snow with mommy and daddy:





After several hours of sledding, snow ball fighting, and plenty of time embracing the freezing wind, we were all happy to get home to the nice heated house. Since that snow day, we have had a couple more, but none have been as much snow as this one. I am ready for the snow and col weather to be gone and for spring to find its way here in Arkansas. I need some time to ride bikes and play at the park, tshirt kind of sunny weather to head my way! Com-on' spring!

2 comments:

mom said...

I love your snow pictures and the video, but it is VERY hard to read your text because of the brown background. Could you modify that some for me? I really need some more contrast.
Love the pic of Elem on his snowboard by himself.

Mindy said...

Thanks! Yeah I was having some problems with it anyways. So I picked another one :) Hopefully this one is a little easier to see. He loves him some snow time what can I say?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers