Friday, January 21, 2011

Story time

Elem still loves to read books. Although "kid shows" are in the top running for nite time activities, which I swore I would never let happen! But they have turned out to be somewhat relaxing before bed time for Elem, so yes, I admit, they are a nightly thing around here. But story time is still a much loved favorite of mine, and I find everything about it just an overall great opportunity for learning, imaging, relaxing, bonding, and time to be ...well......wrapped up in totally something different.

Love this pic:


My reading has primarily been made up of Mental Health/Psychiatric Nursing, haha. So not so much relaxing time for me, but Elem has a few top books on his list, that he has been a big fan of for a little while. They include: The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Home Depot-My Drill Book, Sea Creatures Pop Up book, Ten Little Ladybugs, and The Icky Sticky Ant. The Night Before Christmas was top of the list for a good month, but just recently he has moved on. I hope he keeps loving story time and just books in general. He loves trying to read the books by himself, but really does get frustrated when he cant remember what to say for a specific page. That is usually when I am sitting with him. When he is in his room or playroom reading, he usually just says whatever he can remember and is totally content. I am thinking it wont be much longer (well a year or 2) before Elem is reading to us! I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers