Monday, May 2, 2011

Daddy's Little Helper

We have been doing a LOT of yard work lately, just taking care of the flower beds, our little vegetable garden in the back, and trying to keep our grass looking good! And I must say it is truly a family affair. Typically, Seth does the grass (I dont even try to do it), and I do the weeds and trimming of the flower garden in the front. And we all water, and take care of the rest of the duties. Elem has been so helpful this year and so excited to be a part of the process of keeping all our greenery looking good and in shape.


He loves to water the flowers and the veggies in the back. I was shocked to find out that this year he can pull the hose off the caddy and turn it on and off at the faucet. This is a little surprising to me because I still have problems getting that hose off of the caddy without tangling it up from time to time. HAHa. Not to mention turning the water on and off. That is hard work sometimes! I can name at least 5 days out of 7 where I find myself wanting to curse the whole precess because I cant get the hose long enough. lol.


For as long as I can remember, he has also been obsessed with big tools/items/electronics that we use around the house like the vacuum, weed eater, blower, and for the longest -the lawn mower! If there is even mention of Seth working on the yard and mowing the grass, he is all over it. He wants to be front line in all the action! And he takes it to a whole new level of trying to mimic his daddy with these tools. We will turn around and he will have the weed eater out in the yard (which is pretty heavy I might add), waving it back and forth around some weeds, working on it and trying to "fix it up" haha. It is so funny. The other day Seth was moving and I captured my proud Daddy's Little Helper working in the yard, putting his ipod in his pocket and ear buds in, with who knows what kind of fabulous music, while he rocked out and mowed that yard!


He is just so serious. But hopefully this little love for the lawn mower and weed eater will come in handy in about 10 years. !!!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers