Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Party Time

(***Whistle blow**)TIME OUT PEOPLE!!! Its Birthday Party Time!!


With my nursing school semester coming to an end, the summer program for the shelter ramping up, a new part time job in the works (ill fill in on that one later), mother's day approaching, seth in and out of town for work, and T-Ball games in full swing, the month of May was busy-to say the least. But thankfully, I knew this was going to be a tough month, and I planned early-way early-for Elem's birthday. I actually had everything done in March, which is a little ridiculous I know, but when you are a busy woman, you gotta plan ahead! I debated on what to do for Elem's birthday since it was going to be one I knew he would actually remember and participate in, and I came to the conclusion that I was going to let him choose the place and who he wanted there. Until this point, I have had his birthdays at my house, because I wanted him to be able to have as many people as he wanted, and I wanted to have activities he would like and what not. But like I said this year was different. He has friends, he knows who he wants to be around, and he knows what sort of activities he likes to do, and I wanted this birthday to be FOR him, and not for me or seth or our families. So back in March I took Elem around and he checked out a few places. As soon as we walked in the door at the Little Rock Athletic CLub-and he saw the HUGE maize of tubes and basketball goal area he and his little friends would be partying on, he was SOLD. From that point on, I pretty much knew his party was going to be something sports themed, but I just didn't know what! After some serious work, I ordered the invites and we decided to have an "MVP" party, where all the kids could wear their favorite team jersey, shirt, or colors, and Elem chose to have a Football Cake-that he was beyond excited about. I brought home a paper with all the names of all the kids in his school, and we went through the list and he picked who he wanted to invite. This was so much fun, because it really showed me who he liked, and who he wasn't sure about, and who he for sure did not want coming. Haha. We didn't invite anyone that Elem didn't name specifically, and he chose all his non school friends on his own as well. So that was something different and fun that we haven't done before.

Elem was so excited when he saw the invites! (he was just happy to see himself in a football uniform haha) but I thought they turned out great!


Once we sent out the invites, we just planned to be there on time, an honestly the athletic club pretty much did everything else. And boy was I thankful! Nothing like trying to throw your little one a special party right in the middle of exams! Whew!

Mommy, Daddy, and Elem-we went all out and all wore a D. Wayde Jersey to support the Miami HEAT -by Elem's choice of course.


As soon as we got there, he was off and did not stop until we begged him to leave.

Still going.....

We are so happy his best friend in the whole wide world came. Elem and Grayson :)

Cecilia and Sailor Grace-pretty girlies.

Nate kickin it in the gym, decked out in his baseball team attire!

Uncle Spoon and Elem (jerseys were super cool, I must say!)


Elem and Lacie (his little girlfriend from school) ......I will post on the girl love elem receives at school on another day.

Da, da, da, daaaaaa-Football Feild cake, just exactly the way he wanted it.

Who is ready to eat some cake??

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Elem, Happy Birthday to you!

After cake, presents of course! I love how all the kids crowd around at this age, and are so excited to see every single present. It is too cute! Elem racked up too I might add! Thanks to all his awesome little friends (and their extra generous parents)

Elem's birthday card from Grace-uhm and that would be Grace and Elem kissing, per Grace's mom)...hmmm not sure how I feel about this one.

After presents and cake, there was still much more playing, and lots of sweating, haha, and then we finally headed home! Elem and Aubrey playing basketball!
Overall it was such a great day! And I was just so thankful to all of Elem's sweet little friends for coming out and showing all their love to my sweet 4 year old. The day was so stress free, I didn't have to plan anything or worry about stuff showing up and being ready, no mess or cleaning up for me, and no trying to ask people to leave to go home at the end of the day! Just a perfect place for a party, and I honestly think we might have to go there again next year! I still cant believe Elem is 4 years old, it just doesn't seem like time can go by so fast, but it does. I wish there was a way to freeze time and just keep him little forever, but I know I cant. He is literally growing up right before my eyes, and becoming such a little independent person, with ideas and feelings all his own. I could not ask for a sweeter, kinder, more adorable little boy, and I hope to look back and remember such special moments like his 4th birthday as crystal clear as I do right now!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers