Wednesday, August 31, 2011

School, work, school, work, school.

I think that pretty much sums up my schedule. School and work. And no time for anything else, but maybe a few rounds of tackle football with Elem in the living room floor! ha! Nursing school is in full swing and I am already trying desperately to keep my head above water. My classes are awesome but so hard-I'm in OB, which I LOVE, but I despise the tests. They are so hard and detailed. My clinicals I love as well, but again long 12 hour shifts make for a tired mommy who greatly misses her fam while she is gone. I am trying to keep a balance and not get behind, because I know it is so easy to do, and I will never be able to get back ahead if I slack off. In addition to school, I also completed my training (after about 20 shifts it seems) and I am loving it already! Currently, I am a tech at Arkansas Children's Hospital, on the Hematology/Oncology Unit, which is where all the patients with cancer or blood disorders are admitted. I love love love this job, and have already seen a few patients who have "gotten their wings" in the short time I have been there. It is for sure a difficult area to work, but I love a great challenge and the kids are amazing! I have learned so much already, and am feeling more comfortable in the hospital/nursing environment than I was just a few short months ago. During a shift, I do vitals, urine dips, and other "nurse assistant" jobs I guess you could say. Nothing fancy, but Ill take it if it secures me a job with ACH, which is next to impossible to get! Just telling myself I gotta pay my dues and before I know it I will be graduated and working there as an RN! I am so excited and cant wait to get OB completed and move right along to PEDS. Just a few more weeks and I will be there. So, off to study now, and try to squeeze in some play time with Elem. Or some cuddling-I am game for both! (As elem would call it, "cuddle wuddle buddle momma'".

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers